cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No wifi data when i have add_on "roaming"

davidhjhu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have full bar wifi signal but no wifi data when I was in the US.

Now when I come back, I don't have wifi when I use only cell phone  data.

Please help if you know how to fix the problem.

Thanks in advance.

David

10 REPLIES 10

davidhjhu

Thank you! It works after reset

davidhjhu

Thank you, I will try

davidhjhu

Yes, sir

softech
Oracle
Oracle

>I don't have wifi when I use only cell phone  data.

@davidhjhu 

when meant you have both Wifi and data tuned on and phone still use data?

how about disable data and leave wifi only?

check if any VPN setup when you were in US?  check the VPN screen on the phone and delete them all

if does not work.  Click Reset All networks.  That would delete your saved wifi , but you join the wifi back and should work

_LL_
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Some wifi connections in hotels or airports require a separate sign in even though it shows connected with full bars. Try opening a web browser and see if anything pops up. If what you need is cellular data instead, then check your phone settings and turn on roaming. 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

You can enable/disable cellular data in settings. You can enable/disable wifi data in settings. They are separate settings. Some phones also offer a setting to automatically use wifi data when wifi is available and cellular data when wifi is not available, this is intended to save you money (because cellular data is limited and expensive while wifi data is not).

Many phones have a quick slider for it in a convenient location. Some apps require cellular data, they don't work properly across wifi.

https://www.howtogeek.com/664574/how-to-turn-off-cellular-data-on-an-iphone-or-ipad/

https://www.samsung.com/latin_en/support/mobile-devices/how-to-enable-or-disable-mobile-data-on-your...

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wifi connection is when you are connected to a residential network or business like hotel or a store. 
Data is used when you’re connected to a cellular tower through your cellular provider. 

If you log into your Self Serve account, does it indicate that there is still data remaining available to use?

davidhjhu

Yes, fully signal bar but no cellular data you are right

Wi-Fi is unrelated to your Public Mobile service. Do you mean to ask about cellular data?

Need Help? Let's chat.