cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No voice in the US

yvaN_ehT_nioJ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Like the title states, I am currently in the US (California) and I have recently (since like September) switched to public mobile

I got the Canada/US voice/data plan and after some searching figured out I needed to do to LTE for my data to work

I can do data and texting but not voice. I have tried T mobile and at&t and no matter what it's just dead air

I do not see a VoLTE option, but when I look it up it states it means it's (probably) on by default. And that is sim card dependent.

Does this mean I was given a non VoLTE SIM?

Are there any other options?

I have a 2020 Motorola edge+  (XT2061-3)

19 REPLIES 19

@DennyCrane    Apparently I can't read!  Sorry about that.  

@Phil_Adelphus Where do you see the 2020 version on PM's list?

1000009431.png

@DennyCrane  Yes, but the PM VoLTE list gives the 2020 version which I think the XT2061-3 is but that model is not on AT&T's list.  I don't know about T-Mobile, they don't have a list but I think they have an IMEI check, not sure.

@Phil_Adelphus I saw that, but @yvaN_ehT_nioJ said they have the 2020 version. I'm assuming that's the issue.

@DennyCrane   The Motorola edge 2022 (S2ST32.71-71 & above) is on PMs VoLTE list but maybe the problem is with the US carriers?  It's not on AT&T's VoLTE tested list, at least not this particular model number.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

@yvaN_ehT_nioJ I don't believe your phone is VoLTE compatible with PM; and because the US no longer has 3G networks, that's why you're not able to make phone calls. Aside from getting a different phone or possibly finding a 2G connection, I don't think you'll be able to use the calling portion of your plan while in the US.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

HI @yvaN_ehT_nioJ 

yes, voice calls can be troublesome, but many now able to get the call without any problem after AT&T is used for roaming again

And  you tried both T-Mobile and AT&T?

if you really tried both, then probably test in another area, maybe just a network issue , expecially the 2G network on T-Mobile, with where you are

I still say you should contact a CS Agent to reset your network. Something isn't right if you can't make calls. 

yvaN_ehT_nioJ

Will try textnow, ATM any call I make just go to blank air. No ringing, no busy signal. Just clicks once then disconnects

Hi @yvaN_ehT_nioJ there is no Wifi Calling with PM

but you can use VoIP app as a workaround for now for voice calls

yvaN_ehT_nioJ

Screenshot_20231225-100946.png

Screenshot_20231225-100954.png

Screenshot_20231225-101111.png

 wifi calling won't turn on either

@yvaN_ehT_nioJ wrote:

No 2g option on this phone unfortunately

HI @yvaN_ehT_nioJ 

still leave it on T-Mobile if data works, and try to make calls, the phone might automatically change to 2G on T-Mobile  when there is a voice calls

and download VoIP app TextNow , you can use it to make calls an receive calls on the app for now

yvaN_ehT_nioJ

No 2g option on this phone unfortunately

yvaN_ehT_nioJ

I've tried that as well and no joy.

Are we allowed on Verizon?, it's a third of four options I see

Got this off Google as I'm an iPhone guy.

Open quick settings, then touch & hold In the list of nearby networks: To connect to a different network, touch its name. To change settings for the currently connected network, touch > To change settings for a saved network, touch & hold its name, then touch Modify

Wi-Fi - motorola edge (2021)| Motorola Support CA EN

The only other option if needed is to contact a CS Agent to reset your network itself from there end. Being Christmas, can't say if they are open today.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

yvaN_ehT_nioJ

I have manually switched to both and neither work, and I do not have 2g option. Just 5g, LTE, and 3g

😞

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @yvaN_ehT_nioJ 

are you connected to T-Mobile or AT&T?

first make sure you selected only 4G or LTE and not 5G

then try to connect manually to both T-Mobile and AT&T and test making calls on the two network and see which one works

if still not works, change the network mode to 2G this time and connect manually to T-Mobile and try again.  

Once of the above option should work for voice

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @yvaN_ehT_nioJ 

Go into your network settings and pick T Mobile then reboot. You should be up and running.

How to change Network Operators on Android

Find network operators by sliding your finger downwards from the top of the screen.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1703525576691.png

Press the settings icon.

Chalupa_Batman_1-1703525576628.png

Press Connections

Chalupa_Batman_2-1703525576591.png

Press Mobile Networks

Chalupa_Batman_3-1703525576565.png

Press Network operators

Chalupa_Batman_4-1703525576478.png

Press Select Manually and wait till your phone searches available networks.

Chalupa_Batman_5-1703525576636.png

Press the either AT&T or T-Mobile

Chalupa_Batman_6-1703525576492.png

Press the Home key to return to the home screen.

Chalupa_Batman_7-1703525576379.png

Now reboot and you should be ready to go!

Created by Chalupa Batman

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@yvaN_ehT_nioJ 

you can try to select 2G for placing calls, if you don't have a volte enabled phone, that's all that will work in US. It's not very good, but as long as your near a cell tower, it should complete the call using only AT&T or T-Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.