cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No texts or emails received re bonus offers etc

Hollinger
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For example, never got a message about the $25 referral bonus people are mentioning. 

12 REPLIES 12

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I didn't opt into or out of anything as far as I know and I received it, didn't realize right away though as it was in my spam

@Hollinger wrote:

Shortly after joining PM 5 months ago, I began receiving emails from Telus  and ? Koodoo to the addy I use for PM.  Never had any contact with either company before and had no interest in getting their emails, so I unsubscribed.

Since PM is affiliated with Telus, could that have triggered the stopping of promo emails from PM to me?

Yes.  They're all classify as the same type of marketing messages.

Hollinger

Shortly after joining PM 5 months ago, I began receiving emails from Telus  and ? Koodoo to the addy I use for PM.  Never had any contact with either company before and had no interest in getting their emails, so I unsubscribed.

Since PM is affiliated with Telus, could that have triggered the stopping of promo emails from PM to me?

@darlicious wrote:

@Hollinger 

Or why they weren't informed of a 30% rate hike but who would think unsubscribing from promotional marketing would prevent you from recieving important notifications about changes to your plan and/or service?

I didn't recieve notice either and I am subscribed.

Notifications by e-mail and text message that Public Mobile deems to be important can't be unsubsribed from.  Different customers may agree or disagree on which are important, but Public Mobile considers those to notice of service changes, renewal reminders, use of CCTS reminders, etc.  As to whether Public Mobile has inadvertently classified these messages as marketing in nature I can't speak to, but you're right that marketing permissioshould have no effect on notices about plan changes.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Hollinger 

Or why they weren't informed of a 30% rate hike but who would think unsubscribing from promotional marketing would prevent you from recieving important notifications about changes to your plan and/or service?

I didn't recieve notice either and I am subscribed.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

From what I can interpret of this promo, it's open to everyone. We do hear from folks sometimes who don't like getting emails and other promotional materials and so they turn things off...quite intentionally. Then these things happen and they wonder why they didn't hear about it.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I am monitoring 8 PM accounts for my family members.  Only 2 accounts received the refer-a-friend promo emails

Hollinger

It's possible I inadvertently unsubscribed.

I entered my email addy on the link NDesai provided.

If no joy, I will follow your advice.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Hollinger  

For this particular promotion, $25 bonus referral, I don't think everyone got the email.  Someone had 3 accounts and only 1 of the 3 got it

Ball our communications from PM has the Unsubscribe button/link.  Maybe you accidentally unsubscribed it before?

If you want to confirm if you unsubscribed and need to subscribe it back , open a ticket with PM and confirm:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

@Hollinger IIRC, you have to sign up here to get any promotional offer. Enter your email here and you should then get any future promotional offers on your emails. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans#:~:text=Sign%2Dup%20for%20deal%20alerts

Hollinger

Nothing in Spam/Junk.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Hollinger You should receive these kind of offers on the email you have linked to your Public Mobile account. I got the referral promo offer on my both personal email accounts. Have you checked the junk/spam folder? 

Need Help? Let's chat.