cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal in my apartment

irene_chan123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am living at xxx I got no signal when I move inside my apartment. please kindly help to strengthen the signal., Thanks!

My plan is ..Unlimited Canada-wide minutes + 500MB data

19 REPLIES 19

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM wrote:

A signature is not spam. 

We are not against copy and pasting in Community. Sometimes it's necessary to uncover more information about a situation in order to better help a customer. However, we do not condone only copy and pasting without context and or pasting entire help articles/content from other suppor channels over and over again. This in fact does clutter up our Community, and could lead to further ramifications. Thanks!  

@esjliv @darlicious 

Thank you for the input @J_PM .

Glad copy and pasting is not an issue. Because, I myself may have problems, if that was the case. 🙂

Totally agree with you about cluttering up the Community. 

Did someone mention that a signature was spam?

And thanks, @irene_chan123, for putting up with this in your thread. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

Thank you for the clarification it is most most appreciated.

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Sláinte is Táinte.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

A signature is not spam. 

We are not against copy and pasting in Community. Sometimes it's necessary to uncover more information about a situation in order to better help a customer. However, we do not condone only copy and pasting without context and or pasting entire help articles/content from other suppor channels over and over again. This in fact does clutter up our Community, and could lead to further ramifications. Thanks!  

@esjliv @darlicious 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@sheytoon 

Thanks!

@irene_chan123 

There you have it....the engineer's report. Give it a couple of weeks and if nothing changes consider switching to a provider under the Rogers umbrella. Maybe ask a couple of your neighbour's if they have the same issue if they are with telus/koodo or pm?

@esjliv 

.....and just for you because it brings you happiness and joy.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

I would suggest switching to the Rogers family, including Fido or Chatr.

It sounds like a coverage issue at your particular location, and these will not be changed for individual customer complaints.

Rogers has a 9m antenna height advantage at Airport Square. That could be enough of a difference for you.

@darlicious wrote:

@esjliv 

Clutter? 

@darlicious  that was the 'nice' word i choose to use.

Okay, say that 1st post you posted was a timing issue...yet, you still copy and paste your Oracle wanna-be signature repeatedly in the same thread over and over and over, and over, again. Sounds like some similar members, in the past and present, offering same stuff repeatedly in same threads. This is no different, JMHO.

The unfortunate thing is, you can be helpful with your posts; but the 'signature' tends to appear overbearing, or desperate to grab attention or solutions (dare i say); and posting that in every thread could lead to someone thinking, 'oh, i should contact customer support'; when in fact (as you know), often times is not needed.

You 'scolded' others in the past for even suggesting contacting CSA in posts you were involved in; now you flood every post and everywhere with it. You don't see that? then I see mostly other intentions behind it.

Nah, no need for me to go to Jade_S. If she or anyone has a problem with my comments, I welcome the conversation about it.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@irene_chan123 

Since the cell tower that you are connecting is maybe a block from your home and it also has a Rogers  network equipment and your husbsnd has no issue with his service there shouldnt be an issue with 3G and 4G LTE network signals being interfered with or blocked by construction materials or other buildings around you. It could be equipment upgrades which is happening currently around the country that many customers have reported which after a couple of weeks once the upgrades complete then the poor signal issues disappear.

Usually switching to 3G fixes this issue but not in your case and it does appear that if your signal improves near your windows then one would assume it would be construction materials causing the issue. Being an Android user I am not as familiar with the settings in your phone but if you go to About phone>>sim card status>>signal strength....you will get a proper reading of your signal strength. You can change your network setting to read both your 4G LTE  and your 3G signal strength. A reading between -60dBm and -90dBm is what you want to see with 3G signal strength being the main concern at home because that's what you need for voice calls. Texts don't need all that strong of a signal to be sent and recieved and if you are at home you would mostly be on wifi. Both data and texts work on both networks so it's your 3G signal strength that is paramount.

I live near East 6th ave and Main st. While I have no issues with my 4G LTE network my signal reads between -100dBm and -110dBm which is terrible "on paper" but doesn't seem to affect my service at all. When I switch to the 3G network the signal is around -67dBm which is excellent. Test your signal strength on both networks around your home and outside as well if possible on the north, south, east and west sides of your building.

If you can report back your test results perhaps our resident expert in the technical side of signal strength and cell towers and such can weigh in with his thoughts on your issue. @sheytoon  can offer some excellent insight on these matters, make some suggestions or may even be able to use his insider knowledge to tell us that a bolt of lightning hit your local tower a couple weeks ago when we had that rare thunderstorm roll thru and that's why your signal currently sucks because telus is waiting for the replacement parts to arrive.

Let's see what customer support has to say and @sheytoon he may be the only engineer that looks into your issue.

irene_chan123

@esjliv 

Thanks for your reply, ... please kindly find my reply below... 

"....We do not have access to your account, only Customer Support Agents do." ... 

My reply : Yes... I was redirected by the chatbot to raise question here. so I don't know how to contact them.

"We also cannot send an engineer to help, and I don't think Public Mobile can either."

My reply : I don't agree with that, PM should try their best to eliminate every blind spot.

".....But if you have 0 zeros, well, yes, that is an issue." 

My reply : Yes.exactly

"Have you tried your Public Mobile SIM card into another phone to see if the issue is the same?"

My reply : Yes, tried but no difference

"Try performing a Reset of your device's Network Settings." 

My reply : Yes, done but no difference

"Chatr and Rogers uses different signals. It is odd you move so little distance and you change to zero bars.

Is there any interference in the home that could affect service? That certain signals could be affected to pass through?"

My reply : As I know PM is using Telus 's network, and I am also using Telus 's my home BB and Wifi. I think it is quite not possible to have interference between their own service. 

anyway thanks for your kindly reply and suggestions. I have submitted ticket to CS agent. Hope that they are going to fix my issue. Thanks!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv 

Clutter? Really? When I posted 2 minutes after our fellow member it's obvious (at least to me) that I hadn't even known that they had posted yet? I think you should take your obvious concerns over my posts "cluttering" up the community to members of the Oracle Team, customer support and perhaps @J_PM  herself since your constant commentary about what I post is of such a concern to you. I am sure if they share your concerns they will contact me and ensure corrective measures are taken so that I don't waste customers time with me "cluttering" the community with my "copy and paste" posts that seem to personally offend you so much that you need to constantly comment on them. Just in case you have forgotten how to contact customer support please use the link provided below at your convenience. You have a nice day now...y'hear!

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

@irene_chan123  - we are all customers and members just like you here. We do not have access to your account, only Customer Support Agents do.

We also cannot send an engineer to help, and I don't think Public Mobile can either.

So you are getting little to no signal bars on your Public Mobile device.

As long as you have 1 bar, you are going be okay with using services. The bar qtys will go up upon making and receiving calls. But if you have 0 zeros, well, yes, that is an issue.

Have you tried your Public Mobile SIM card into another phone to see if the issue is the same?

Try performing a Reset of your device's Network Settings.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

* This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

edit, striked out as you said you have an iphone.

Chatr and Rogers uses different signals. It is odd you move so little distance and you change to zero bars.

Is there any interference in the home that could affect service? That certain signals could be affected to pass through?

irene_chan123

Problem not solved !! will change to another carrier next month !!

irene_chan123

I am using iPhone13 ProMax, I go only 1 signal bars when I sit next to windows.

irene_chan123

sorry to say , its doesn't help by selecting 3g only., When I am sitting next to the windows, I can get very weak signal , but when I go into my kitchen ( about 10m from windows ) , I got no signal at all. My husband is using both Chatr and Rogers sim. Both are connecting very good.  Please kindly send engineer to check the signal if possible. Many Thanks!

@darlicious wrote:

@irene_chan123 

Pm service works on 2 networks. The 4G LTE network that it uses for data and texts and the 3G network that it uses for voice calls, texts and data. Your phone is likely set to autoconnect to 4G/3G/2G and it stays on the 4G LTE network until a voice call comes in or you make a voice call and it automatically switches to the 3G network. Switch to 3G only in your settings>>network&internet>> mobile network>>advanced>>preferred network type>>change to 3G only. See if this gives you service inside your apartment. If not report back and we will troubleshoot the issue with you.

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

Clutter  - as @hTideGnow  already provided private message link. Why bother copying and pasting again.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

They are in Vancouver near southwest marine drive.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@irene_chan123 

You have one main tower very close to you at airport square. It is possible that they are working on it with equipment upgrades that could be causing your signal strength issues. Please report back which network or service that you are experiencing problems with so we can narrow down the issue.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@irene_chan123   if it still not working with changing the network setting as advised, please let us know what brand and model your phone is.  Also, which area/province you are at?

And, how many signal bars you have on your phone?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@irene_chan123 

Pm service works on 2 networks. The 4G LTE network that it uses for data and texts and the 3G network that it uses for voice calls, texts and data. Your phone is likely set to autoconnect to 4G/3G/2G and it stays on the 4G LTE network until a voice call comes in or you make a voice call and it automatically switches to the 3G network. Switch to 3G only in your settings>>network&internet>> mobile network>>advanced>>preferred network type>>change to 3G only. See if this gives you service inside your apartment. If not report back and we will troubleshoot the issue with you.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @irene_chan123   How long you have been having this issue?  So, other than your new apartment,  it works no problem in other area or other part of the city?

You can try to switch your network setting to 3G ONLY or WCDMA ONLY.  If it works, let it stay there for 2 weeks then switch back to LTE.  It could be just a temporary issue with telecom upgrading equipment.

However, if that does not work , you might want to open ticket with PM Support to see if they can do anything, or at least make them aware and suggest upgrade in your area.

To  open a ticket with PM Support. Click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. type: Contact CS Agent
  2. Click "Contact Us"
  3. Click "Other"
  4. Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  5. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):

Need Help? Let's chat.