cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

GordogSull
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I finally got my phone unlocked,now it says no service and incoming calls go to mailbox.

It’s been a frustrating week and still no service even though my account shows active,my phone is an iPhone 4S which i stated before ordering my SIM card.

12 REPLIES 12
Moved:

@GordogSull   

It is still good to test the sim on another phone.  Tru to borrow one from a friend

And you opened a ticket witj support to confirm if your new sim  was setup on the system properly?

GordogSull

Thank,it’s not black listed I just checked.

jlovesedmonton

Try to restart your phone and try again 

@GordogSull 

you may not but does one of your friends or family member have an unlocked phone so you can see if the sim will connect on their phone.

@GordogSull you said you got this new sim card, so, you gone in My account and request change sim card there?

if you did, I would open a ticket with support to confirm if they did setup the new sim properly

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (requires access to My Account) using direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Contact agent ", then click "Contact Us", then click "Other", click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗""
Next, enter your Community login, then enter your question.  Finally use My Account login or 4 digits PIN to validate.

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@GordogSull 

Is the phone "new to you"?

It's possible it may have been blacklisted.   Doubtful, but worth checking.

Check here:

Check the Status of Your Device in Canada | DeviceCheck.ca

GordogSull

I don’t have another phone.

GordogSull

I did replay Yes,it then took 5 calls to my previous provider to get the phone unlocked. Yesterday I call to verify and it was confirmed unlocked. Now no service shown top left.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@GordogSull 

did you go to My Account and request Change sim card to tie this new sim card to your current account/number?

And do you have another phone to test the sim card ?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@GordogSull 

Did you reply YES to the port authorization text from your previous provider, if you were porting your number from there to here?

If not, I can send you a number to call to complete the porting.   To get it, check your provide mailbox by clicking the envelope icon upper left.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@GordogSull 

try your sim in a different phone...that iPhone 4S may be unusable here.

Need Help? Let's chat.