cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

BlackRatt74
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok I have two phones with public mobile. Mine and my son’s. It came up saying that it could not make the payment this month on Dec. 24. So as I found out yesterday my phone is not receiving texts or calls. Now my son’s phone which had the same message same pay date also stating it could not make the payment but he can make calls and texts. We are setup with the same credit card and trust me there is more than enough money to make the payment. But when I try to make the payment it says there is already enough on my account and will not take any payment. I have rebooted my phone, reseated the SIM card and my phone still will not work. Now considering it is Christmas really bad time for my phone to not work. I am at this time very frustrated and now had to go and buy a temp phone so that people can get a hold of me. Thanks for costing me over 150 dollars because of your error. Can anyone explain this as there is nothing that has helped here and will there be refund if the payment does go through as I might as well switch providers. Cheap isn’t good when you can’t get things like this resolved.

17 REPLIES 17

@BlackRatt74 

I apologize if you think that was aimed at you....its an old saying from childhood when you say the same thing at the same time. I was joking with @softech  about us posting essentially the same info.

@BlackRatt74   Happy that it works.  It should be good next month, but yes, Autopay fails sometimes.  Just in case it fails again next month, you will do the same thing to get the service running first and you can then also open a ticket with PM for further investigation.

@darlicious ' monkey comment was just a joke with me.  She is a funny and VERY knowledgeable member here   🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BlackRatt74 

you're welcome,
glad it works,

enjoy your service...

BlackRatt74

@darlicious @softech 
Everything is now working. Thanks to Alex the Customer Support Agent that helped with this situation.

Not sure on why @darlicious needed to make the monkey comment. Really makes me want to ask again for help on this forum.

Want to thank @Anonymous, @softech for all their help with matter as well.

@BlackRatt74 

The error messaging stems from the browser issue. It's usually best before logging in to your self serve to make a change or add payment to:

1. Clear your browser.
  2. Reboot your device.
  3. Open one tab only.
  4. Use secret/incognito mode.
  5. Chrome, Firefox, Safari or MS Edge work best.

Sometimes your overview page is a little slow updating. Check your transaction history for plan debit from pm. You can also call 611 from your phone to check status.

@BlackRatt74 wrote:

Ok tried the manual but it came up and said Oh no we have a problem….. Please log into your account again. Now I don’t have the message at top that says your account is suspended but the Account Status says Plan Expired still shows no money on the account and nothing for plan details(not sure if that is normal when it says Plan expired). But the top is a green box like normal showing my next payment Jan. 25. So I rebooted my phone, nothing. Reseated my SIM card(while turned off) rebooted again after turning it back on. Maybe now I might need to wait an hour and try again?

@BlackRatt74 , it looks you have made the payment successfully.  It could be a browser issue.   

Try to use Incognito Mode/InPrivate Mode and login to My Account again.  Check the Transaction log to confirm you make the payment and the payment are used towards renewal.  https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/Payment-History/

You should have couple lines like: the payment line today as well as renewal lines similar to these: 

• Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit
  • 1GB at 3G Speed/ 1Go à la vitesse 3G 
  • 30-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours

If that is the case, then yes, you are fully renewed.  Reboot your phone once again and wait for good sign  🙂

BlackRatt74

Ok tried the manual but it came up and said Oh no we have a problem….. Please log into your account again. Now I don’t have the message at top that says your account is suspended but the Account Status says Plan Expired still shows no money on the account and nothing for plan details(not sure if that is normal when it says Plan expired). But the top is a green box like normal showing my next payment Jan. 25. So I rebooted my phone, nothing. Reseated my SIM card(while turned off) rebooted again after turning it back on. Maybe now I might need to wait an hour and try again?

@softech 

Geez....first one to speak is a monkey for a week!🤣🤣🤣

@BlackRatt74 

Autopay only attempts payment once. If it fails then you get suspended unless you make a manual payment. Well you don't have to worry about your autopay be charged at the same date now.

@BlackRatt74   no worry about the discount.  As long as you have Autopay enabled, you get the $2 even you manually paying now.  (Many customers in fact just have Autopay enabled and have been paying manually before the renewal date , the just set it up to get the $2 discount and not really taking the Autopay service.  )

It won't have multiple payments , too.  Autopay will only attempt once.  It fails for this renewal and it won't try again until the next renewal (30 days later)

BlackRatt74

I have had both plans for over a year now with the same renewal dates and same plan and same credit card. This is the first time this has happened. I will try the manual payment but a little hesitant as I don’t need multiple payments to be coming through. Also kind of defeats the purpose for signing up with autopay to get the discount.

@BlackRatt74 

You need to make a manual top up payment to reactivate your plan. Add enough funds to cover your plan amount +$1. Choose "other amount" not "amount due" as it returns an error. Confirm and submit the payment. Your plan should automatically reactivate.

Do you and your son have the same plan? Use the same credit card for pm? Same renewal date? If so this may have caused your autopay to fail.

Edit:

Oops well the above line is redundant.

@BlackRatt74 

You can only try 2 attempted payments then have to wait out one hour or you will keep getting the same message. You can also pay with your card on file thru 611 if you know your 4 digit acct. pin #. But again make sure you wait an hour.

@BlackRatt74 , we are all customers like you and try to help.

So, you tried to pay both Amount Due and Other with Plan Amount +$1?  that usually will resolve the issue.

If you want to properly engage support to look into the issue instead, you will have to open a ticket with PM:

Spoiler

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

But to get your service back on first,   If you are still unable to do so, you can try to put in another credit card using Replace Credit card option.

Another quick way to get you back online is to get a voucher from Shoppers Drug Mart or Shell.  Then voucher can be loaded immediately without 24 hours wait time.  You can then load the voucher using *611 or via My Account

BlackRatt74

Like I said none of those solutions have worked please respond with something other than a form letter. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BlackRatt74 

is showing at your Self-Serve a messages those Expired or suspended and your services are working, just ignore,,

all customers getting those message the night before day of renewal.

on the date cycle payment is will automatically renewal.

you can Remove your credit card and Logout and

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

or try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

and log in and re entered your credit details,

just make sure your credit card number and your address match the same,

sometime your typing but is a one word or letter or number is a wrong or is missing just make sure for it.

How To Update or Remove Your Payment

Follow these steps:

1. sign in to Self-Serve.  Once signed in,

2. click on the ‘Payment’ tab,

then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’.

you will have the option to either select ‘Replace this card’, or ‘Remove this card’.

You will need to review and confirm this change to your account,

and go back,

1. Click on Payment

2. Make a Payment

3. one Time Payment 

4. you will see your Amount Due:$$

5. Payment Type: selected other ( Enter the desired payment amount )

6. you will do manually enter Amount:$$ + $1 extra

7. Click ‘Submit’,
9.after payment successful,  you have to do Rebooting your phone
what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.
10. and how much you pay the extra is will going to your account Available funds:$$ has the amount left, and for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BlackRatt74 

Yes, Autopay fails occassionaly.

Also, if the same card is set on 2 accounts with the same plan amount and pay on the same night, the credit card company might think it is a duplicated charge and decline.  

To get you back the service, First, login to My Account and confirm if the Account status is now showing Suspended.

Go to the Payment tab and try to make a One-time payment

E-Paymt-AmtDue_Other.png

First try Amount Due to see if amount goes through

If fails, select "Other" and manually enter the Plan Amount +$1 extra.  This should work

Then check if there is still a button "Reactivate current plan", click on it if there is one

Then logoff from My Account and Reboot your phone and you should be good

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BlackRatt74 

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, if you found at Available Funds: $$ has the amount left, leave it for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

or you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent ,and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

Need Help? Let's chat.