cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

prissyho
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i just ported my number yesterday. Everything was good yesterday but today no service at all. Can anyone please help? 

14 REPLIES 14

prissyho

I thought about that too as I was near the shore when I first realized it did n't work.  But then I moved closer to the city area, it still the same....

But I think it would be good if I know why it was like that.... would be useful to someone else.

Anonymous
Not applicable

if you still not working you have to Submit a ticket to customer service by Moderator Team,

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

@prissyho  glad it is working.  Hope that was just a hiccup.  

If it happens again, see it you can tell it is an issue within a particular region.  Maybe it has to do with the reception.    

Also, it it happens again, it's good to open a ticket with mod and you can also provide them where you were when you had the problem.

Enjoy the weekend.

prissyho

yes, text in/out, call incoming/outgoing all good yesterday.

prissyho

I changed the 3G setting few times earlier, it doesn't work.  But this time I changed the 3G setting again, now everything back to normal.  I cannot 100% what made that back to normal again.  But everything work now.

Thank you all for responding to my questions and all the suggestion.  You are super.  Have a good weekend.

Try changing your Network connection to 3G Only.

Also, did you buy the phone yourself from a provider or from private sale?  I wonder if the phone is blacklisted.  Check it here to just rule this out:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

@prissyho wrote:

It showed Public Mobile in the phone at the upper left corner yesterday right after i ported yesterday. But it didn’t work today, it showed no service at the top left corner 

@prissyho  Power off your phone and remove the SIM after couple of mins reinsert SIM and restart phone.

Can you let us know if you were able to receive incoming calls and texts yesterday?

prissyho

It showed Public Mobile in the phone at the upper left corner yesterday right after i ported yesterday. But it didn’t work today, it showed no service at the top left corner 

Anonymous
Not applicable

can you do try reseat the SIM card

1.power off your device

2.take out the SIM card,

3.wipe it clean SIM card,

4.put it back and power on,

5.toggling airplane mode off/on,  

it happened sometime you know, A normal reboot without reset, didn't work. At least try it,

only work after reseating the SIM card.

can you try it selecting the network to "3G ONLY"

for iPhone visit HERE 

or HERE 

for android visit HERE ,

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on.

Good Luck

@prissyho wrote:

I did reboot few times, still not work.

i can text and make call yesterday 

So, you can not text or make call today?

how about incoming? 

What is it showing on top of the screen. Is it showing No service?  do you see Public Mobile on top of the screen?

@prissyho wrote:

but no incoming calls?  Did you reply YES to the old carrier to allow the port?  You had to keep old carrier sim in for that. For Public sim, look if you're on 2g mode by accident. That will prevent connection to Public Mobile's network.

prissyho

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@prissyho wrote:

i just ported my number yesterday. Everything was good yesterday but today no service at all. Can anyone please help? 

@prissyho   When you say everything was good yesterday, were you able to use your all your phone services like calls, text (in/out) and data?

You can try rebooting your phone or toggling airplane mode on/off first. 

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@prissyho wrote:

Outgoing calls? Incoming calls? Data? Text? Nothing working?  Does your old company's sim card still work?  If that works, that means, porting isn't complete. Reboot phone if you haven't tried that.

Need Help? Let's chat.