cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

Morgan20
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I dropped my phone (not hard at all) and now for some reason it's saying No Service. I reinserted the SIM card, and tried shutting it off and on but nothing works. Any suggestions?

25 REPLIES 25

moemikedaisy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

thank you so much this worked

@Morgan20  Cool, glad you got it workin'! 👍🏼 

Morgan20

Good news everyone, it works! All I did was did a Network Settings reset. I took out the SIM, did the reset, then put the SIM back in. 

[Self solution accepted .......... Luddite]

Morgan20

Good idea, I'll take it in to London Drugs as well

Morgan20

I will be taking it in later today, I didn't say I would in that reply - in a later one. 

@Morgan20 wrote:

I'll take it in today

@Triguy actually he did (middle of page 1), but it's not a big deal.

@Triguy wrote:

@LovesToPM   OP didn't mention anything about taking it to a repair shop.

I dropped my phone (not hard at all) and now for some reason it's saying No Service. I reinserted the SIM card, and tried shutting it off and on but nothing works. Any suggestions?

@LovesToPM   OP didn't mention anything about taking it to a repair shop.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Morgan20   If you are close to any store that sells phones (london drugs, wow mobile etc) I would just go to them and see if they have a sim or phone you can do some swapping with. 

getting your iphone4 repaired /or even looked at would probbaly cost more than buying a newer model gently used iphone.  

@CannonFodder wrote:

@LovesToPM wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@LovesToPM wrote:

@Morgan20 wrote:

It's an iphone 4 and it's sim is a different size than other phones unfortunately 

The larger SIM is likely fitted with an adapter. You can switch the adapter as well.

Or, to maybe clarify a bit - if you have the typical 3-sizes-in-1 punch out SIM, you can punch out a SIM to the smallest size, like I'm using, but you can keep the other two punched out portions to use as adapters, in case you need to use the SIM in an older phone that uses one of the larger sizes. In my case, I can use the nano size, with the remaining punched-out portions, to enable using the SIM in my wife's much older phone that uses a full size SIM.

If I understand it correctly, your phone is using one of the larger sizes, in which case you can still punch the SIM out to a smaller size to try it in other phones, and then use the part you punched-out as an adapter to put it back in your existing phone.

This can done except with older SIMs, which come in one size only.

Which is why I typed in the part above, that I've now highlighted in bold.....

Thanks, nothing personal. Just pointing out that older SIMs came in one size only.

@LovesToPM wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@LovesToPM wrote:

@Morgan20 wrote:

It's an iphone 4 and it's sim is a different size than other phones unfortunately 

The larger SIM is likely fitted with an adapter. You can switch the adapter as well.

Or, to maybe clarify a bit - if you have the typical 3-sizes-in-1 punch out SIM, you can punch out a SIM to the smallest size, like I'm using, but you can keep the other two punched out portions to use as adapters, in case you need to use the SIM in an older phone that uses one of the larger sizes. In my case, I can use the nano size, with the remaining punched-out portions, to enable using the SIM in my wife's much older phone that uses a full size SIM.

If I understand it correctly, your phone is using one of the larger sizes, in which case you can still punch the SIM out to a smaller size to try it in other phones, and then use the part you punched-out as an adapter to put it back in your existing phone.

Which is why I typed in the part above, that I've now highlighted in bold.....

@Triguy wrote:

Your phone  uses a micro sim and most newer phone would use a nano sim which is smaller.  You could try taking your phone to a mobile repair shop and see if they could test your phone.

OP did say he will take it in later today.

@CannonFodder wrote:

@LovesToPM wrote:

@Morgan20 wrote:

Your phone  uses a micro sim and most newer phone would use a nano sim which is smaller.  You could try taking your phone to a mobile repair shop and see if they could test your phone.

@LovesToPM wrote:

@Morgan20 wrote:

Morgan20

It's an iphone 4 and there isn't another one in my house. The SIM comes in different sizes for different phones I think 

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Morgan20  Try putting the PM SIM in different phone and try using a different SIM in the phone you dropped to rule out what is not working. If convenient, you can go to a kiosk/store and they may have a test SIM for you to test your phone

@Morgan20 wrote:

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@Morgan20  Well, while I hope, for your sake, that it's not the case, it seems like a good possibility that the phone is damaged. It could be something as simple as the connection from the antenna to the main board has popped off..... as you can imagine(if you've never seen the insides of a phone), everything in a phone is VERY small, and easily damaged. Good luck! 👍 Let us know if you get it working again.....

Morgan20

Morgan20

I'll take it in today

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Morgan20 wrote:

These could be unrelated issues. As suggested, try SIM/phone swap to rule out hardware problem.

If your phone works with another SIM card, check your PM account to make sure your status is active.

Or is it possible your phone has been blacklisted? You can check here
https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Damage to the phone may have been done if the sim was reset and the phone was turned on, off. Have it looked at by a certified tech.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Morgan20 wrote:

Try another phone or another sim for your phone.

Morgan20

I'll try

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Do you have another phone to try and swap the sim card ?

Need Help? Let's chat.