cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

randomforweb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello.
I’ve just got a SIM card and when I inserted it in iPhone 11 unlocked I got “No Service”. Is it because I need activate it first or there is no coverage in my area? Nearest town 15km away, house in the field. 
Regards, Vlad

6 REPLIES 6

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@randomforweb wrote:

Hello.
I’ve just got a SIM card and when I inserted it in iPhone 11 unlocked I got “No Service”. Is it because I need activate it first or there is no coverage in my area? Nearest town 15km away, house in the field. 
Regards, Vlad

@randomforweb  You were correct on your first part "need to activate it first".

You can activate it online, like others are providing. See at the TOP of the Public Mobile page for the Activate button.

You could also activate this route, if you like:

Click this link to use the: Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@randomforweb   You need to activate the SIM. Also, don't forget to sign up for the latest 2 GB bonus data promo with a $35+ plan. Welcome to PM! 😊

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@randomforweb   If you meant you already activated  but still get No service message on your iPhone, try this:

With your PM SIM in the iPhone, connect the phone with the computer and launch iTune.  Download all the latest updates and Carrier profiles.

Once all updated, reboot your phone and see if it works

if issue persists, try your PM SIM on another phone as well

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@randomforweb 

Yes you need to activate the PM first before it works. Once you activated the SIM, power off the phone before inserting the SIM in the phone.

Here is the map coverage:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/coverage 

Did you get a new number or porting your old number over to PM?

There are extra steps if you are porting over your old number from another carrier.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@randomforweb wrote:

Hello.
Regards, Vlad

You need to activate the card before using it. 

Activate Your SIM Card Online | Public Mobile

NB: If webpage shows errors or freezes, try logging in again in Incognito mode (in Chrome). Also called Private browsing,etc.. in other browsers.
That should solve that kind of issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@randomforweb 

and Here How To Activate Online visit Here link  for more information,

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card

You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here link 

for new customers who activate online.only, To get  2GB of monthly bonus data for Free* when you activations on $35, $40, $50, $70 rate plans, for that Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB,just to you know.

put it the email for it and the same email when you do a new activate, Here link,

so when Activate put it both code

1. Enter  Promo Code for 2GB Free, ( 2GBBONUS ) 

2. Enter  Friend Referral Code (??????)  to you will receive a one-time credit of $10..,

they will applied within 72hr,,,

*information about Refer A Friend Reward, How Does It Work visit  Here link,

plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. save money and safe and secure 100%.

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service 

you will be very happy

Need Help? Let's chat.