cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service on my phone

shellylynn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

I have a "no service" on my phone where it should say "public mobile" I have been dealing with a moderator "Jorge".  I have not heard back from him in 8 hrs and it has been 68 hrs since my phone lost service.  I am on automatic payments for phone payments so that is not the issue.  I am just angry, I have tried my SIM card in my husbands phone and it says contact my service provider aka Public mobile.  The moderator has gotten me to try a few things 63 hrs ago and it has not worked but the moderator isn't working or doing anything useful for me for me either. 

Can I bypass the moderator and speak to a supervisor if so how ? Thoughts suggestions would be appreciated.

16 REPLIES 16

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@shellylynn :Can you log into your self serve account and tell us what it says your account balance and account status is?

@shellylynn  Your issue may be beyond the scope of these items, but I'll supply anyway:

1. Make sure airplane mode is off
  2. Power OFF your device, wait 1 minute, turn on and check for signal bars
  3. Check on account self-serve that your account status is Active
  4. While on self-serve, check that SIM card number under “Change Sim card” matches the SIM card number in your phone
  5. Make sure the device is not locked to a different carrier.
  6. Make sure you’re in a covered area and there are no cellular outages
  7. Change wifi calling preferences to Cellular Preferred or Cellular Only
  8. Set network mode to Auto
  9. Reset network settings
  10. Update device software to latest version
  11. Perform a manual network selection

@gpixel 

I'm assuming that if that was the case then Jorge would at least be able to recognize and inform @shellylynn  that this is the cause of no service.

Edit: @shellylynn Replacing the sim is very likely the fastest way to get your service back. Not a 100% guarantee but the route I would take gjven the wait times to submit a new ticket and see if the moderator can reprovision your sim  which has a 50/50 success rate. You can always ask for a credit for the new sim card later.....

shellylynn

thanks for your comments

shellylynn

thanks for your help, thats more than I have gotten from a moderator to this point and more timely 🙂 

@shellylynn 

I am on automatic payments for phone payments so that is not the issue.

you cannot rule this out. auto-pay often fails. if it did not fail and your account says 'active' there's a good chance your account failed to renew and then was able to recover the payment failure, but the account did not provision correctly. 

the best way to manage your pm services is to pay ahead of time so your account has 'available funds' to withdraw from.

this bypasses PM's flawed 2 step payment process. which withdraws from your bank and adds credit(funds) to your account and then withdraws the credits from the self serve account. somewhere along that process the system fails to accomplish all of these tasks

@shellylynn 

Sorry now your getting the short and direct reply for now...

Youre sim needs reprovisioning or it has failed. Log into your account. Report phone lost/stolen (on the plans or usage pages.) Log out. Wait 1 min. Log in. Report found. Log out. Reboot. Service?

If no....go buy a new sim. Do not activate. Just bring home and change the sim # in your account. Insert sim and reboot phone. Your service should be working. ( It does currently say active in your account?) I'll follow up later on all the other stuff i had to say.....

@shellylynn 

Just lost my long detailed reply...let me start over....

shellylynn

correct

@shellylynn 

To reply to a member you can tag them by tapping the "@" key and their username will pop up or continue to type their name.....

The "yes" was that your sim card in your phone matches your account?

shellylynn

thanks

shellylynn

yes

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@shellylynn 

Reply back to the ticket again to see if someone will answer. There are probably multiple moderators looking at the queue when on duty. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shellylynn: And were your SIM #'s matching between your self-serve and the physical card?

shellylynn

yes, I tried them all with no change. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shellylynn : Did you read some of the ideas in your earlier thread of the same problem?

Need Help? Let's chat.