cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service iPhone 12

Rylan1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I have an iPhone 12 and I recently went to the US. While I was there I got an AT&T E-sim for data. Note that my public mobile sim is physical. Once I started using AT&T the service is terrible, I thought AT&T network is just bad but I was wrong. Now the bad service is also here in Canada. Note that when I plug my sim card into my old iPhone 8, it works fine. I also took my phone to apple, they restored it and ran some tests. They said that all the antennas are working and that I should go to my service provider. When I plug my sim card into iphone 12 I usually dont get service, but if I do, It is usually 3G and I have to fight to get a signal by turning on and off airplane mode. I am also on ios 16.6 and no carrier updates are available when I check. 

I've tried:

-Restarting

-Taking sim card in and out

-Restoring through i-Tunes multiple times (At home and at apple store)

-Playing around with all cellular settings and checking sim card tray (Everything looks normal)

13 REPLIES 13

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rylan1 

Your PM config file on your iPhone 12 was deleted after Apple reset your iPhone 12.  The PM config file is used by your iPhone to config to phone correctly after restarting your iPhone.

Insert your PM SIM card in your iPhone.  Then, update your iPhone with the i-Tunes.  I know that you "restore" your iPhone multiple times.  Try the update.  Good luck.

Rylan1

At the apple store when they setup the phone they didn't restore anything but the pictures and passwords.

@Rylan1 since the sim works on iPhone 8, it works fine, so it is not something PM support can help, it 8s a device issue

Did you try wipe your phone and resetup? If not, back up everything to iCloud. Wipe the phone and just setup the phone fresh without restoring from iCloud and see if it works.  If so, then restore from iCloud and try again

Rylan1

I've already done that before posting in community. Someone got connected to me but now isn't responding. Anything else I can do?

@Rylan1  Please submit ticket with support to refresh your account maybe 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Rylan1

@softech

@Handy1 

I just reset network settings. Has been searching since I reset the network settings. I'll reply if it connects or says SOS.

Please note that apple restored the phone, all settings are back to default, it's like a new phone.

@Rylan1  Reset network settings see if that helps 

@Rylan1 Also, since the PM sim works on iPhone 8, it is really a device issue and not sim or account issue.  Please do Reset networks setting 

@Rylan1 

then the reset network settings and confirm VPN is all disabled are  the important steps 

Rylan1

It's already gone. The public mobile one is on but no service.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Rylan1  In your phone settings can you change the sim your using or delete the AT&T eSIM 

Rylan1

The AT&T E-Sim was deleted when apple restored my phone.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Rylan1 

on your iPhone , disable the At&t eSIM, you can even delete it

then click Reset Networks:

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone Reset > Reset Network Settings

Once reset, reboot it once and confirm no VPN profile is enabled 

Need Help? Let's chat.