cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service after successful activation

Nabigha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The message at the end of activation process said it will take 2 hours to get the service, It has been 24 hours. Still no service. Please help!!!!

EDIT (2022-05-30): No solution so far. Current behavior:

- When I restart the phone or toggle Airplane mode, the SIM works fine with all signal bars(Text, talk , Data) from 30 seconds to 2 minutes. Then all the bars drop and message displays "No service".

- The phone is not Carrier locked. It says in the Settings > General > About > Carrier Lock: "No SIM Restrictions"

- As long as the service stays alive (from 30 seconds to 2 minutes) the Network name in Settings > General > About > Carrier says "Public Mobile", then it changes to "Not allowed".

- "Update Carrier settings" dialog NEVER appeared, however the carrier version Displays "Public Mobile 50.0"

- I am able to see other networks in the area when manually selecting Network providers. This is also indication that phone is not carrier locked.

- I have opened a ticket with CS, they could not help and have escalated ticket. Have not heard form them Since 27th.

I have tried everything I can:
1. The PM SIM works on other phones (iPhone 6S, iPhone 8, Galaxy S20) But not in my Primary Phone iPhone 11 Pro Max

2. My iPhone 11 Pro Max works fine with local SIM (Fido) as well as SIMs from other countries while I was traveling.

3. I have waited on "About" screen for a minute but it did not pop "Update Carrier settings"

4. Reset Phone settings did not work.

5. Reset Network settings did not work.

6. Manually Selecting Network provider as "Public Mobile" did not work.

7. Switching from Voice and data from LTE to 3G did not work.

8. Explored internet for all possible troubleshooting solutions, nothing work.

9 REPLIES 9

@Nabigha   If it show blacklisted, it is then.

Not carrier sync their blacklist everyday.  It could take a bit of time for some carriers.  But usually when a phone first join a network, like your case PM sees your phone the first time, it will check against it and hence locked it

Check with your buyer, but honest, it is a tough battle.  Good luck and hope you have good news for us

Nabigha

Hello @softech 

I have checked and phone appears to be BLACKLISTED. Thank you so much for your help. I am ripped off lol. I will try contacting the seller. What's weird is that the Phone works fine with Fido. I am checking if any of my friends have other networks. Fido support says the phone is NOT carrier locked.

@Nabigha wrote:

- When I restart the phone or toggle Airplane mode, the SIM works fine with all signal bars(Text, talk , Data) from 30 seconds to 2 minutes. Then all the bars drop and message displays "No service".

@Nabigha that looks like the phone was blacklisted.  Please check here to confirm:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

And does the phone work with SIM card with another provider?

Nabigha

Carrier Profile is showing "Public mobile 50.0"

No solution so far. Current behavior:

- The phone is not Carrier locked. It says in the Settings > General > About > Carrier Lock: "No SIM Restrictions"

- As long as the service stays alive (from 30 seconds to 2 minutes) the Network name in Settings > General > About > Carrier says "Public Mobile", then it changes to "Not allowed".

- "Update Carrier settings" dialog NEVER appeared, however the carrier version Displays "Public Mobile 50.0"

- I have opened a ticket with CS, they could not help and have escalated ticket. Have not heard form them Since 27th.

I have tried everything I can:
1. The PM SIM works on other phones (iPhone 6S, iPhone 8, Galaxy S20) But not in my Primary Phone iPhone 11 Pro Max

2. My iPhone 11 Pro Max works fine with local SIM (Fido) as well as SIMs from other countries while I was traveling.

3. I have waited on "About" screen for a minute but it did not pop "Update Carrier settings"

4. Reset Phone settings did not work.

5. Reset Network settings did not work.

6. Manually Selecting Network provider as "Public Mobile" did not work.

7. Switching from Voice and data from LTE to 3G did not work.

8. Explored internet for all possible troubleshooting solutions, nothing work.

@Nabigha  So, it is not a SIM provisioning issue. 

It looks to me it is a problem with the Carrier profile.   When you have a PM SIM in the iPhone, please check if your Carrier profile is showing Public Mobile.  Make a wireless update to download the latest one.

Nabigha

Resetting network settings did not work. my iPhone 11 Pro Max works flawlessly with Fido SIM. I immediately get all bars. Incoming, outgoing and Mobile data works. 

On the Other hand Public Mobile SIM works flawlessly with Galaxy S20 phone. I immediately get all bars. Incoming, outgoing and Mobile data works. 

Issue persists: iPhone 11 Pro Max + Public Mobile SIM

Nabigha

Not porting the number. It looks like SIM provisioning issue. I have tested the SIM in Galaxy S20  and it worked (In-coming and outgoing both worked) but not in my primary phone iPhone 11 Pro Max. I have manually selected "Public mobile" as network. Trying next: resetting network setting as you suggested. Thanks

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Nabigha 

Are you porting a number over from another carrier? Is your phone unlocked? Did you try resetting the network settings on your phone and rebooting?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Nabigha   what message  you see on your phone?  No SIM? SIM not provisioned? No Network?

Can you at least make outgoing calls?

did you try to put your PM SIM in another phone?  If you don't have a 2nd phone, at least reseat the SIM (power down, take sim out for a minutes , then put it back and power up)

If none of these works and it shows error about the SIM , please open ticket with PM Support.  That could be just a sim provisioning problem and they can fix it quickly

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.