cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No plan, prepaid for a year

Gingras_ol
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I don't use much my phone and would like to downgrade. I talk with a friend, he has the same flip phone I have and he just pays a 100$ bucks for a year of service. No unlimited nothing, just a cheap plan. That's what I'd like to have.

I'm not sure PublicMobile offers this but I know other compagny does. Do I need to change compagny? I want to keep my phone number and phone.

Thanks,

Olivier

13 REPLIES 13

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MoreYummy wrote:

@mimmo  Where to get that data only plan?

@MoreYummy  its a fido data only plan. go to bestbuy mobile or any 3rd party reseller NOT a fido store and see if they will activate it for you.  it is supposed to be for current customers only but I managed to do it before as well as many others who were not current customers

the plan can be see on there website  click plans then select  data only plans .

@mimmo  Where to get that data only plan?

mimmo

Another option is fido data only plan and a fongo number.

Data is 2gb month and costs 15$ I think.

Sorry, I didn't realise that you are in Quebec.

I think SpeakOut is not available for Quebec residents, unless that has recently changed.

Gingras_ol

I lost my phone for a month so now I actually get contacted by facebook. I use it to know bus trajects or finding friends in festival, but that is not much I'd say. I just need to tell my girlfriend to text me less and facebook more! 🙂 However, Speak Out is not available in Quebec but thank you for you answer!

Gingras_ol

That looks excellent, I'll contact them after I've looked for the alternatives. Thanks a lot!

Gingras_ol

Great, I'll look it up! Is it available in Quebec though? Thank you for you answer!

Gingras_ol

I think this plan from Rogers is the one my friend has. It's available in Quebec? Also thank you for you advices!

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Gingras_ol wrote:

Hi,

I don't use much my phone and would like to downgrade. I talk with a friend, he has the same flip phone I have and he just pays a 100$ bucks for a year of service. No unlimited nothing, just a cheap plan. That's what I'd like to have.

I'm not sure PublicMobile offers this but I know other compagny does. Do I need to change compagny? I want to keep my phone number and phone.

Thanks,

Olivier

It really depends how much "not much" is.

Here is another option:

SpeakOut's smallest top-up is $25. $30, $50 and $100 are the other options and all are good for 365 days. If you are topping up before the 365 days are up your remaining balance carries over.

And if you have a month that you need more than "not much" (say job hunt) you have a variety of choices in their features and value plans. Deactivate before it renews and you are back to "not much" on your remaining balance.

As @mimmo mentioned, allow enough time for the porting process to go through. (I learned that lesson the hard way, if there is a next time, I'll allow for about a business week...)

Good luck!

Telus has a talk & Text prepaid plan for $100. No data thoughtelus.JPG

I remember freedom mobile use to offer 1 year plan on prepaid phone in Wal-Mart. I believe was 85 bucks including phone and 1 year local calls and text not sure if freedom still honor that plan anymore or not. 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

mimmo

i recall rogers prepaid had a 100$ credit that woudl last upto a year depending on use.  that is what my mom had until i mover her to chatr (25%/month plan ) untill i moved her to PM when they offered their 25$/month plan.

if and when you choose what plan/provider is best for you check also that your phone is unlocked.

Also remember to port out a couple days before your current PM plan expires.  Do NOT do it the last day incase you tun into issues.  and do not do it mid cycle becasue you will not be credited any money.

SD08

Currently, PM's cheapest talk-only plan is 90-days province-wide talk for $76 prepaid, so that would be a bit over $304 for a year.

Whichever carrier you decide to go with, you should first make sure your phone is compatible by checking this site:  https://willmyphonework.net/

Yes, you can keep your phone number by porting it to any carrier.

EDIT:  Oops, I initially thought you were with another carrier thinking of coming to PM.  Robot Embarassed

Need Help? Let's chat.