cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone service from public mobile since transfer

DaiSing
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please tell me when will Public Mobile start providing phone services. The previous phone service provider has stoped providing services to me. Very inconvenience. 

6 REPLIES 6

@DaiSing 

You need a PM SIM or eSIM to get service so you need to PURCHASE one and activate the SIM on the PM app once you get the SIM in your hands.

eSIM only works if your phone is eSIM compatible. It won’t work if you have an older phone that is not eSIM compatible.

You can’t port your old number over to PM if your old account with the previous carrier is cancelled.

@DaiSing   Each cell service provider has a different sim card so when you change providers you need to get a new one.  The quickest way for you would be to go to a Telus/Koodo store (phone ahead to see if they have Public Mobile sims) and buy one, unless your phone is capable of e-sim in which case you can order that online and it's available right away.  If you have PM send you a physical sim card it could take 1-3 weeks.

DaiSing
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don't have Public Mobile Sim card. Send me one.I pay.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@DaiSing - we are all customers like you here on the forum, and have no access to your account. To rule out a device issue, try the public mobile SIM card into another phone to see if services work.

Does anything work on the public mobile SIM card, calling (in/out), texting (in/out), data? When services stop on the old provider's phone, that is usually a good indication the port is complete. OR, did you cancel the old provider's services yourself before the port was complete, because that could be an issue too.

If the port failed, then you will need to reactivate the old provider's account to re initiate the porting process with Public Mobile (unless the old provider was Koodo or Telus, there may be allowances here in this case).

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@DaiSing 

Have you rebooted your phone since completing the port?

If that doesn’t work you can also try to reset your network settings and then reboot again.

If none of this fixes it, you’ll have to get customer service to assist you as it’s likely a SIM provisioning error on their end.

Please click this link below to message customer service:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on your mailbox here as that is where your reply will come in (envelope icon on desktop, click your avatar icon in the corner and then click messages if on mobile).

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @DaiSing 

so, the sim is not connecting to the network ?  are you using physical or esim?

but it is just a setup problem and PM agent can check. 

please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.