cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No numbers available for selected city

Veranika
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. When I try to activate a sim card a choose a phone number for Toronto I get this error (see attached).
Does anyone know what to do?Public.png

11 REPLIES 11

Veranika

So, I had waited for a couple of hours but nothing has changed since then. Followed the advice to pick any number and switch in Change number then. It worked. Thanks everyone! 😊

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Did you try another city to get a number and just going to use change number or are you waiting to see if the numbers populate later today/this week?

I'm actually seeing both 437 and 647 numbers. The 647 area code is becoming more of a rarity and the 647 number and one of the ones that I saw is actually a really good one (repeating digits).

@softech  - I never used that Live Activation option myself. But, it is supposed to be 'live' humans helping. And, maybe they have an ability to see a phone number pool or certain extensions.

Who knows - 🤔

@esjliv   Honest, I don't think the live chat will be much help.  They never provide technical support.  The most technical thing they will do is to ask user to open ticket here  

OP could benefit more to Live chat with you  🤣😂

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I just did a trial activation and I got the same thing. Just find a number anywhere and then change it once you're all set up. Curious that activation draws from a different list apparently.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Veranika 

You have 2 choices

1. you might have to wait and try back again in couple hours.  

2. Pick a temporary number now and then choose Change Number after it is all activated.   The screen I posted earlier is the Change Number screen from my own My Account.  As you see, you can Change a Toronto number after you became a customer  

Veranika

Have just tried both options and neither worked 😞

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Or just pick a number any number and then use that change number to find a Toronto number as above. It is curious that the activation screen doesn't come up with one in your case.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Veranika   Try another browser or Incognito mode and it might work

I just tried and they did have Toronto phone numbers to pick

softech_0-1650570691906.png

Need Help? Let's chat.