cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more international texting ?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

It looks like the $15 plan doesn't include any texting.  Hope that's an oversight.

Also, appears that texting is limited to Cdn numbers only now...gone is the International text ability.

addz.jpg

* 3. Includes text and picture messaging. Premium and subscription-based messaging, to and from non-Canadian numbers, are not included.

12 REPLIES 12

PM_5G
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I agree with you and think we will see $30 & $35 price points as previous with maybe 3 Gb or 5Gb to compete with other's offers.... Just a matter of time i believe

megha941958
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

thanks for reply. 

yes $39 plan might be beter for people who use so much data but at the same time, there is no option for people who do not need that much data.

there are lot of providers these days providing 20gb data in $30 and $35 including bell and rogers so in comparision to that, public mobile has nothing good. $15 plan is only good thing I can see for people who do not need data at all but that rarely happens because even if people like our parents who do not know how to use internet, they also use whatsapp calls so there should be some plans available less than $39

PM_5G

As of a week ago $15 plan still included unlimited incoming calling - i had to ask as I have 2 phones with the package and it was no longer mentioned. Customer service confirmed $15 included unlimited incoming. 
I did notice today that $30 $35 and $37 package are not available but $39 new 20Gb package may be the reason for this currently
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/39-mo-20GB-New-Plan-Includes-Internationa...

megha941958
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

does the $15 plan include unlimited incoming or they started to count incoming calls as well in 100 minutes?

I was away for few months and I switched to $15 before I went so that they don't charge me more and I sent them multiple requests to stop auto recharge but it was not done and I was being charged for several months so far. I wanted to get the sim card active now but surprised that plans are so expensive and there are no plans for $30 or $35 anymore.

@Hollister 

one of my neighbors is a new Canadian and is considering a PM account. He doesn't care about the talk portion as much but needs international texting to be part of whatever plan he takes. Without that clarification as provided by CSA, I couldn't assure neighbor that PM had what he wanted. Now I can tell him facts, rather than assumption.

Thanks everyone, for your input.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hairbag1 

I know that if you look at the plans outside of the portal you will see that it mentions unlimited international  texting in the plan features. I think that only a confirmation from an agent or an existing customer that has switched to the $15 or $25 plan today can tell us for certain whether unlimited international texting is still included.

246110F9-2036-46EE-962F-39ECE3CD86B5.jpeg

PM_5G

CS_Agent:

"I can confirm at this moment that all the plans that we currently have include unlimited international text messages. I am aware of the fact that on the website this detail is not being specified. I do apologize for this situation, this is a cosmetic issue that will be solved soon. Let me know if you have any other inquiries."

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@hairbag1  I sure hope it’s still international text , but with even Telus you pay extra for international text even koodo now calls it a perk . Get one perk free so choose another like roll over data and you pay for both .. so that said I fear this cold be the new standards just like the old US plans .. would also help them sell more long distance add ons 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Here's what my current $15 plan says about texting, which is missing in new $15 plan.

pln.jpg

DDM69

@hairbag1 it appears that they aren't paying attention to the details when making changes on the website.  I'm not sure how these things are so easily missed...

XionBunny

No one knows what's going on, as per usual communication hasn't been clear, and I've reported that fact in the feedback thread.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@hairbag1 

no worry ,PM just make it clearer to what not offering even now

Premium and subscription type of text are those like you text a number an make a donation (they cannot do it because it is prepaid here)

Premium text to and from non-Canadian numbers are those 2FA from overseas banks and so 

Need Help? Let's chat.