cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No mobile data service

Slasonder
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm on a Pixel 7 and for a few months now around 5 to 8 pm on weekdays I get a phone service error message.

No mobile data service 

Temporarily turned off by your carrier. 

This happens every weekday and it's really annoying. I've done a mobile data reset. I'm also on an esim. 

7 REPLIES 7

I seem to recall this is the phone losing sight of LTE as though LTE has been turned off. How long does it stay off each time? I wonder if you're in a sweet spot of massive radio interference that essentially blanks out the signal and the phone sits there wondering wth I have everything else why are you in particular not there at this moment. Or an antenna problem.
Can you give us a screenshot when it happens?

Slasonder

I've only ever noticed this issue when I'm at home.  Doesn't matter if I use 3G or LTE in my area, the issue comes up. I could see this come up 3/5-5/5 Weekdays, Ive also seen it come up on a Sunday around the same time. 

The error specifically mentions Disabled by Carrier. It's not something I have for an app disabling or enabling my network. It's specifically to do with the Carrier. 

Tried opening a ticket with Public but of course that just fails. I'll have to try it again later. 

Certainly sounds like a DEVICE setting or issue and not a Public Mobile issue.  It's likely determining that perhaps you are within an available Wi-Fi zone and the device sets itself to connecting to that Wi-Fi as opposed to using mobile data?   Just a guess...

Are you stating that when you are not in the location where this has occurred, that it DOES NOT occur?

Though I am unfamiliar with this device, is there a user-setting which allows a user to disable itself from the network for a specified period at a specified location?

Seems odd - but it's possible.

Slasonder

Not that I kind tell. The error message does specify it's the carrier temporarily turning it off. 

Slasonder

Yes, girlfriend with the same phone doesn't have his happening. I've asked my community and no one else has this problem either. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Slasonder 

Does this happen at the SAME LOCATION only?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Slasonder , I am using the same phone on a physical SIM.  I have never experienced such an outcome.  I can't imagine the type of SIM card matters.  Is there any kind of setting on the phone that is turning off services at a certain time of day?  

Need Help? Let's chat.