cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet / cellular data on iPhone with iOS 15.4 beta

Belltrix
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you're getting this error after installing the iOS 15.4 beta, the only way to get your cellular data working again is to go back to iOS 15.3. A lot of users including me have confirmed that resetting network settings, changing the APN, playing with the new Cellular Data Options don't work. To go back to 15.3 and finally fix this:

1. Remove the beta profile on your iphone
  2. Restart your phone
  3. On your computer, download the 15.3 ipsw from here: https://ipsw.me/product/iPhone
  4. With your phone connected to your computer, shift+update on iTunes and select the ipsw file

That's it. No need to restore and lose your data. You're back to 15.3 with your personal data intact.

41 REPLIES 41

MrElbe

So, last week I finally installed Public Beta 3 and all is well in Public Mobile land again.

MrElbe

So I re-installed public Beta 2 and applied the referenced fix and

- Public Mobile Data is working again on LTE

- Apple watch 6 will pair again because it's already updated software level 8.5 required iOS 15.4

Since I am not a developer, I am waiting for Public Beta 3 release but thanks to the APN fix, I am not in a hurry.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

honest, I was worry what If Apple not aware of the issue and release a stable with the same bug.  I could see Apple users flees and leave PM as an Android only nation   LoL

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JacqueQ 

Yay!

@weazl2000 

Really its @Coreyb  you should thank.....I was just the messenger. But you are welcome!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

JacqueQ
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

They've just released IOS 15.4 beta 3 and I am happy to report I HAVE DATA!  

Sorry about the yell.  I'm just so happy I have my data back as I didn't want to roll anything back.  But yeah, it's working now. 

@MrElbe   it should push down beta 3 after.

MrElbe

I am a bear for punishment. I just re-joined the Beta program and it starts downloading Beta 2. Do I have to install that first in order to get offered Beta 3 ?

@weazl2000   Glad it works on the new beta 3!!

I guess we don't have too many people on Beta anymore.  We didn't see any message for help in the past week or so

weazl2000

2 updates today;

1. The above fix does work for beta 2.

2. The above fix is no longer required as beta 3 is connecting correctly again. The settings have changed back to how they are in 15.3 - It no longer has a 5G or LTE only option on my iPhone 12, it's back to LTE or 3G and it works properly without the profile installed. 

Thanks to @darlicious for the fix though.

@Belltrix @MrElbe @weazl2000 

Here is the fix when keeping the beta iOS version.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Fix-for-iOS-15-4-19E5209h-Data-issue/td-p...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

MrElbe

Even setting the APN from Telus to PM does not  fix the problem. I wonder what is so unique about PM vs. Koodo, also a Telus owned product.

weazl2000

Yes all versions of 15.3 are working properly. It’s just the 15.4 betas that are not working properly with PM. 

@weazl2000 

The new public IOS 15.3.1 works for me.

weazl2000

The APN shows the same on both 15.3 and 15.4 beta. 15.4 does show up as connected to 3G Telus as @MrElbe says. I don’t think there is a work around right now. Perhaps beta 3 will work or perhaps it’s something that PM needs to change. Either way I hope I’m not with out service once 15.4 is official. I’ll keep you up to date with my results. 

@MrElbe so 15.4 has APN set to Telus and that was the problem?  but there is no way to change the APN back in 15.4, right?

MrElbe

The ipsw download worked for me. The problem is that 15.4 beta resolves the PM SIM to a Telus APN and 3G while 15.3 correctly shows the SIM as LTE and PM APN ( isp.mb.com - the "mb" is a holdover from the original Mobilicity acquired by Telus ). 

@weazl2000 wrote:

New beta came out today (15.4 beta 2) It still doesn't work right with PM. I've submitted a followup to Apple to let them know. 

Thanks @weazl2000   for trying it for the group!!!   You are wondering

weazl2000

New beta came out today (15.4 beta 2) It still doesn't work right with PM. I've submitted a followup to Apple to let them know. 

@ShawnC13 

Right. So it's arbitrary on whether a thread is "helpful" enough to stay in the Get Support board. So informing customers that their bonus referral credit has been added to their accounts isn't helpful enough? I'm just trying to gauge where you draw the line? I could show you some extremely questionable threads with one question and one answer and a solution given that are laughable.

@softech 

Yes, it will be better than getting an Apple Watch so the Face ID will work on new phones.

weazl2000

Nothing official. Tuesday is normally new beta day, but also it's typically a 2 week period between... so possibly another week... 😞 

Thanks very much @weazl2000 ...

you said hopefully new beta tomorrow.. you heard something coming? 

weazl2000

@softech Already done. I sent them feedback on Feb 3... hoping for a new beta tomorrow.

@weazl2000   do you mind to open a ticket for us to let Apple awares that the beta does not work on PM, and hopefully provide a fix without downgrading.

(sorry, I am not iOS user..)

weazl2000

Great instructions, for those of you using a Mac, the key combination is alt/option+"Check for Update" in Finder.

For those asking why some of us are using betas, as the Apple support person I usually install the betas to ensure that our software will work properly with the new OS versions. This is the first time in years that I've had an actual issue... Happy Testing!

@Belltrix   I am no iOS user, no Apple ID 😞   Do you mind to open a ticket us PM users?

thanks

@darlicious, what are you talking about? This thread helps people restore access to their data on the PM network.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Belltrix 

Great post. I am sure it will be very helpful for other customers experiencing this unfortunate series of events.

@ShawnC13 

Should we expect this thread to be moved to the lounge since it fits your criteria?🤔

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

Belltrix

https://feedbackassistant.apple.com

If you’re on the beta you could do it from the Feedback Assistant app as well.

@BKNS27   I think the most attractive thing is that the Face ID will work with mask on... 

(really that useful?? ) 

Need Help? Let's chat.