cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet after switching plans!

maciejw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I was on an LTE plan, 15GB/$40 and last night I switched to “5G 20GB/$34” and ever since then I have no internet on my phone. It shows 3G but it doesn’t work. It used to show LTE before I switched last night. So I know it’s not my phone. It’s an iPhone XR. I’ve restarted the phone, reset network settings. Still nothing. Do I need to be on a “dedicated” 4G plan for my phone to work again? That would make no sense. If I don’t have 5G on my phone (it doesn’t support it), it should switch automatically to LTE (4G). 
Can someone please contact me and help me with this issue since I can’t actually call a real person? Both my wife and I switched last night so I’m assuming she will have the same issue. 
Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

maciejw

A private message to cs_agent and their reset on their end fixed the issue. 

for those who still have no internet, message them and they will fix it. I’m up and running now using a 5G plan on my old iPhone. 👍

maciejw

I’ll wait till they reply to my original message first I guess. 

hi @Clove_liy 

The data issue will happen occasionally after a plan change. Ask agent to reset your profile on the system and that helps

maciejw

That’s what I figured. In my case it just goes straight to 3G and I can’t load anything. Not even an email or weather app. I’m thinking something on my account is not set up after the plan swap which I still don’t get how it happens. 

maciejw

Do you know how long it normally takes? 

Clove_liy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is what I just got from the agent: 

• If your phone is not compatible with 5G, automatically will be connected to the highest network speed available in this case to the 4G LTE network and you can use the 20GB included in the plan.

dwh1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It's likely a provisioning issue with the plan and they'll get it sorted out.  

As for "can't talk to a live person", that's the deal here - PM is a "less for less" provider.  You pay less, but they save money but not doing "live" support, which is why the prices are lower.  

maciejw

I just sent them a message. See what happens. I can’t believe that in this day and age we can’t talk to a live person. Even via chat. 

Clove_liy

If it is still not working on your phone, Sent a private message to CS_Agent and ask them troubleshooting the issue. They just replied me to verify my i

maciejw

Seems like my wife’s phone is working ok which is good but weird at the same time as we both switched to the same type of plan and we both had the same type of plan before too. 

Clove_liy

That's exactly what I am concerned. Wanted to upgrade to the 5G plan deal yesterday but now I think I'd rather stick with what I currently have. Sent a PM to agent about this issue and still waiting for the response. 

neverforget1998

Same issue here

maciejw

Chat bot is useless. I bet anything we have to be on a specific 4G plan which makes zero sense. And if you switch again, you’ll get charged again. They’ll need to issue a refund on both mine and my wife’s account if that’s the case. 

Jim44

I am having the exact same issue. Switched from the $40 15GB 4G plan to $34 20GB 5G plan and now my data will not work at all. Can’t figure out how to fix it and the chat bot did not help.

Need Help? Let's chat.