cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming calls

Rialey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I switched to Public Mobile on Sunday the 24th where I put in my new SIM card. I transferred my phone number to Public, now I am still not receiving any incoming calls. How long do I have to wait for the phone to receive inbound calls? This is crazy!

7 REPLIES 7

ZuckMark
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It's all your fault.

1 You provided the wrong Port in information like your old account number from the previous carrier was wrong.

2 Or your service on the old carrier was suspended/expired, not working.

3 Or you didn't reply the authorization SMS. 

I know you'll say nobody told me -_- 

@Rialey 

You need the old SIM in your phone to receive the text…not the PM SIM.

At this point, you need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process by typing in Create a Ticket on SIMon Chatbot or private message them on the envelope icon above.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Or, @Rialey you can submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link: to request the transfer of your number over to Public Mobile.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

@Rialey 

your old account is still active, re-enter old SIM card maybe you will get it.

Rialey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No I didn't receive any text from my old provider. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Rialey look like your porting was not completed.  Did you receive a text from your old provider and did you reply YES within 90 mins?

there is a live support team you can call to sort it out.  I will message you the numbers.   Please check your Community Inbox,  envelope icon on top right 

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Rialey 

when you port in do you reply to old company SMS yes.

Need Help? Let's chat.