cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No help on this site

Qazis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been waiting for my phone to work for 2 days they been asking me same details over and over again, finally they told me the number I chose on their website is alotted to some one else, it was yesterday since than no replies, nice job

13 REPLIES 13

@Qazis wrote:

My phone was fixed, I couldn’t let you guys know earlier because I was working night shift like a zombie, thanks for the replies and help

Hi @Qazis so nice to hear that your problem has been resolved.  Yay!  

It would be nice if you go to the reply that helped you the most and click ‘Accept as Solution’ on the response. It helps people find answers more quickly and communicates your appreciation to the people who helped you.  Thanks in advance.

Welcome to Public Mobile

RosieR

Qazis

My phone was fixed, I couldn’t let you guys know earlier because I was working night shift like a zombie, thanks for the replies and help

@kselmak wrote:

@computergeek541 

Op already charged the number and the problem still persists.

Not sure if the phone was restarted after the number change

It's very unlikely and unlucky if the second number is also already assigned, so im assuming it's not

You're right. I didn't see that message.

@computergeek541 

Op already charged the number and the problem still persists.

Not sure if the phone was restarted after the number change

It's very unlikely and unlucky if the second number is also already assigned, so im assuming it's not

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Qazis :Did you finally get things to work? Would be nice to know whatever happened to your problem in case it happens to others, this help thread you created could help others too.

@kselmak wrote:

Try restarting your phone.

If it doesn't help maybe the account has to be re provisioned.

Contact them back and say that you have charged it

If it's taking too long you could try reporting phone lost and after two minutes found, then restart it again

There isn't anything that can be done with the phone or reporting in self serve that the phone has been lost/stolen that would cause or could fix a a phone number that's was already active and accidently assigned to a second person.  The only option would be, as mentioend earlier, would be for the customer to change the phone number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kselmak : Just to be fair to others that I've mentioned this to...there's no lost or found. It's Suspend and Resume which happens to be under the Lost/stolen tab.

macsal

Hi @Qazis ,

Did you confirm the SIM # on your Self Serve account matched the last 4 digits of your actual SIM card?

If yes, then try:

*rebooting your phone.

*go into airplane mode for a couple minutes, then back to normal mode.

*remove and reinsert your SIM, reboot

Try restarting your phone.

If it doesn't help maybe the account has to be re provisioned.

Contact them back and say that you have charged it

If it's taking too long you could try reporting phone lost and after two minutes found, then restart it again

Qazis

Thanks for the replies, I’ve changed the number  on self serve following you guys advice but still it shows no service, these moderators need to recycle it or something, I’m not sure 

macsal

Hello @Qazis ,

I see you have been a Community member for while. It sounds like you were trying to change your phone number?

When you mentioned waiting for your phone to work I can't help but think ... does your SIM card number match the last 4 digits showing on your SELF SERVE?

In Self Serve under Overview Tab, go to 

My Profile, then

Sim Card

Do the numbers match? If Yes- great! Then please proceed to your Phone Number Change in your Self Serve.

If they do not match, you have been SIM-Jacked. 

Change your Self Serve password, and any security questions you have in place.

Check you financial accounts and change/secure passwords as necessary.

Let Moderators know about this right away. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

They should have elaborated more and let you know that you should choose a new number, they wouldn't know which of the offered numbers would suit you.

Once you pick a new one and restart your phone the troubles sold go away.

If you remember your second choice and can't find it you could ask them for assistance they can check if it's still available

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Qazis wrote:

I've been waiting for my phone to work for 2 days they been asking me same details over and over again, finally they told me the number I chose on their website is alotted to some one else, it was yesterday since than no replies, nice job

@Qazis Go into your self serve and change your number. You can do this without waiting for a reply. It's free to do once every 30 days. Ignore the red arrow. Click Change Number. See if that sorts things out.

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 4.13.16 PM.png

Need Help? Let's chat.