cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No cellular access after initiating port

Kittttt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up a new account with a new number I initiated a port from Koodo, the plan was working fine before the port, now I have no call or data access.  On my phone it shows there’s reception but I cannot call nor connect to internet.  

I have responded to the port text and Koodo had sent me a cancellation email, so my old Koodo sim doesn’t work anymore.  However I also have no access on my new public mobile plan.  

On my profile in Public mobile it’s showing the ported number but I have no service.  I am using eSIM, the eSIM details on phone shows the old public mobile number and not the ported one.  

Please advise. 

2 REPLIES 2

Kittttt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, that’s what I thought as well… I ended up spending another $5 to buy another eSIM and now it works! Wasted money but I didn’t want to wait a day for support….  Thank you for your help. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Kittttt 

it wasn't the port that has the problem, but your sim was not fully setup on the system.  Please ask support agent to help.  you can submit by direct message:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.