cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No cell service

Melissa10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
  • Hi, I have no cell service. Restarted phone etc and it's still not working. Friend is with Telus and she's having no problems. 
35 REPLIES 35

@Melissa10 wrote:

No Sim yet, I've only had the card maybe a year so I'm glad they're covering it

@Melissa10   get it from instore.  But you might want to call ahead and assure they will sell you the SIM.  Some mobile kiosk rather keep the SIM for activation (they earn more commission then selling SIM).  So, call before you go over to avoid disappointment 

Melissa10

No Sim yet, I've only had the card maybe a year so I'm glad they're covering it

@Melissa10 wrote:

Well not really, maybe. Still want to know exactly what happened

@Melissa10 So, it works after you changed a SIM card?     Or you still have not pick up the SIM yet?

Yes, this things happen.  If the new SIM works and keep working , perfect.  If you get the same issues shortly again, it could be the phone or the sim slot/module of the phone.   

btw, PM is very good these days, willing to reimburse the SIM

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Melissa10 

I can understand that....but sometimes sim cards do just go belly up.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Melissa10

Well not really, maybe. Still want to know exactly what happened

chainsawcowboy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Melissa10 

Looks like you figured it out.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Melissa10 

Aha....sounds like a dead sim card is the issue. But I would test the sim card vs device suggestion from earlier first if possible....just for peace of mind.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Melissa10

They're already going to credit me for the new SIM. 

@Melissa10 

Though rare as mentioned by @chainsawcowboy a sim card can stop functioning. Have you noticed strange glitches lately? Calls not connecting or texts not being sent or recieved? Asking customer support to do the account reset and reprovisioning the sim card will help determine if this is the issue. Have them do this before you swap out the sim card because if that is the case you can submit the reciept for the new sim card and ask for an account credit for the cost of replacing it. It is pointing that way but could still be a device issue. Make and model of your device?

Melissa10

No, less than a year. I've never had this kind of issue before. I've ordered a new sims and am also going to the store to see if they can get it connected. 

chainsawcowboy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Melissa10 

Your sim card could have died. Happens sometimes. Have you had it a long time?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Melissa10 wrote:
  • Hi, I have no cell service. Restarted phone etc and it's still not working. Friend is with Telus and she's having no problems. 

@Melissa10  - When did you activate your account / SIM card?

And how long has it been working after activation?

Have you changed phones recently?

Log into your Self Serve account and look at the section under My Profile where is says 'Change Sim Card'. Ensure the 4 digits listed there match the last four digits listed on your SIM card in your phone.

If they do not, than someone as been fraudulent on your account.

If they match - GREAT, continue below...

With the SIM card out gently clean the contacts of that SIM card with a pencil eraser. Gently blow into the SIM card slot of the phone, incase some debris is disturbing your signals.

Reinsert SIM, reboot phone. 
Perform a reset of the device's network settings (optional, but won't hurt).

Any service now?

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@softech  Only Oracle's have the option for signature. If you don't want to see em. Go to your setting => preferences and you can turn em off.

@softech 

Lol....its a Super--Secret!!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@darlicious  how do you add the "signature" ?

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Melissa10  What is the make and model of your phone? Has it worked on PM network in the past?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Melissa10 

Download a voip app like fongo or textnow or both so you can make calls and text while on wifi in the meantime.  If you have a retail location nearby with a mobile department ask to test your sim in one of their phones there and test a different sim card in your phone. This will help determine if it's a device or a sim card issue. If you contact customer support ask them to reset your Account and reprovision your sim card.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Melissa10  that is good news. 

Open a ticket with PM and hope they can see what's wrong and resolve it quick.  Look like PM Support replies quick today, so, you shouldn't need to wait long

And in the mean time, if you have a 2nd phone or a friend around, put your PM sim in another phone for test

Melissa10

No it's fine

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Melissa10 

Just to be extra cautious can you log into your account and click on change sim card. Compare the last 4 digits of your sim card to the 4 listed in your account. They should match. If they do not immediately suspend your service via lost/stolen and change your password. Report back here your findings.

@Melissa10   did you get this phone new from a provider or trusted source? or you got this from private sell like Kijiji.  Just wondering if the phone is blacklisted.

Please check here with your IMEI

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Melissa10

I have no service. There's no bars

Melissa10

No I don't. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Melissa10 

Do you have another phone to test your sim card in? Vice versa?

@Melissa10   on top of the phone screen it should show the status .  You see some signal bars? or do you see SIM not provisioned or No Network? or No SIM?

Melissa10

Device check was fine, that was a good tip, I didn't know about that

Melissa10

Yes, I'm active, I did all the obvious checks, cell coverage etc. I'm at home, not in a dead zone, and when I try to send a text it just reacts like I have no coverage. Says nothing about my sim. Which I took out for a minute. Twice. Lol. Nothing is working. When I call 611 it tells me to turn airplane mode off, but it's not on and my wifi access etc is perfect. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Melissa10 

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, status ! or call *611

Check the status of service outages for your Service Status.

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

try to check update your device,

you can try to test your SIM card in another device to you know the issue from SIM card network or your device issue.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Melissa10 

Log into self serve and check your account status or call 611 from your phone. If you are suspended make a top up payment by choosing "other" amount. Confirm and submit your payment. Your plan should automatically reactivate. If not got to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen. Suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume service. Your plan will now be automatically reactivated. Check your transaction history for your 30 day plan charge($10) and minute or data charge ($5+).

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Melissa10   Did you try login to My Account and confirm the Account Status?  Active or Suspended?

What is showing on your phone screen?  No Network?  SIM not provisioned?

Need Help? Let's chat.