cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No calls from unknown numbers

danielson1900
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

both my wife and I recently changed to public mobile. Neither of us can get calls from unknown numbers, the phone doesn’t ring with mine and goes straight to voicemail with hers. No settings are different on our phones than we had with our previous providers. My wife created a service ticket yesterday but nobody called. Ready to go back to old providers unless we get help.

8 REPLIES 8

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@danielson1900  - there are settings in phones to only allow incoming calls come through for people that are only listed in your contacts.

Check those steps from @Yummy provided.

But it could be found in a different path/setting on your particular devices.

If you do have this setting on, this means anyone not on your contact list will be directed to voicemail only.

If you like this setting (which some people do), then simply add the people you want to receive calls from, to your contact list, and then your phone will ring when they call. 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Did you receive the porting texts for both numbers?

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@danielson1900  "My wife created a service ticket yesterday but nobody called"

To confirm that your ticket has been submitted, check the SEND box in your private messages; click on the small envelope next to your avatar at the top right of your screen.
All communication with PM staff is conducted with the private messaging system. Be sure to check regularly and respond when requested. 

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Is the port complete for both the numbers.

Reboot both devices and also re-seat the SIMs.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @danielson1900  did you both just change to PM yesterday? Did you port in your numbers?  Are you getting ANY incoming calls?  You might have stuck porting issue. I will message you a phone number to call and you can confirm the porting status with them.  Please check our Community inbox

Check your DND settings. Do Not Disturb

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

On my phone:

- Open phone app

- 3 vertical dots - Settings

- Block numbers

- Toggle 'Block unknown callers' switch to off and all calls will be delivered

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@danielson1900 wrote:

My wife created a service ticket yesterday but nobody called. Ready to go back to old providers unless we get help.

Most likely some setting on your phone rejects calls from unknown sources.

Nobody will call you from PM. All support is through email. If you created a ticket watch for envelope top right, for reply.

Meow_0-1649697520392.png

I do not understand WHY people think threatening to leave will produce ANY results. Do you think PM cares if you change provider? Hundreds more will come...

Need Help? Let's chat.