cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No access to network

Maudrick
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

291244791_10158282194906431_163305903213705286_n.jpgInternal Server Error

291969349_10158282194511431_3425843443864134068_n.jpgLook at the top icon beside the time. 

How to trouble shoot?

Thanks!

17 REPLIES 17

@Maudrick 

Before purchasing a new SIM card contact an agent to see if it is an account problem.

Contact an agent.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Keep an eye on the envelope icon in top right hand corner for a reply from the agent.

Maudrick

Network connection to Public Mobile failed. 

Couldn't use Data with Google Map (I use it for a test)

lol Not discontinued. Just that Public has decided to not have retailers activate accounts. So why would a retailer want to carry the sim?

When you say the sim didn't work in another phone...do you mean data didn't work? Or that nothing worked? I would still want to know what your overview page says or the usage option in 611.

Maudrick

Yes. SIM card didn't work on the other phone.

His SIM card worked on my phone.

Looked in town to get a SIM card. Wal Mart was the only one having them, but they said it's discontinued. 

@Maudrick 

Can you try your SIM card in another unlocked phone?

If you know your 4 digit account pin then you can dial 611 to get your remaining data balance.

Are you not able to login to your account? It's there too. If you're referring to your phone then it might be out of sync with your 30 day account. Trust the overview page on the account.

Maudrick

Did it

Didn't work

Seems to be the SIM card malfunctioning

@Maudrick 

Reset network settings 

1. Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.
  2. Tap RESET SETTINGS.

Maudrick

Still not working...

Maudrick

How do you reset the network?

(I've already rebooted phone)

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Maudrick hi that is odd maybe try a quick network reset, reboot phone

Maudrick

I have used 45.64 Mo on 2G

@Maudrick Hi check in your data and add-ons section of your self-serve account do you see a line there for data if not you may have used up your data for this cycle

Maudrick

When I go on Google map, it says Connection impossible, connect to Public Mobile Network. 

When I do, it doesn't connect and write Internal Network Error.

Maudrick

I have my phone since August 2021. 

Traveled from Yukon to Québec. Lost network after connecting to a Hotel Network in Ontario. 

Can't use Google Map while traveling as I was the day before. 

Did most of recommendations from chat (SIM out/in, shut phone, open back...)

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Maudrick Hi I find it hard to make out did you just activate a new account, have you ever had service before that worked here , did you just recently purchase a new/used phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.