cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No able to make/receive calls only texts

gcsapra
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

I purchased a new PM number but only can do texts,  no calls are a outgoing neither incoming. 

Please help. 

23 REPLIES 23

@gcsapra wrote:

How do I reach moderators....I used private message for same issue last night but have not heard back

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

That is the only way. You'll need to wait for a response.

gcsapra

How do I reach moderators....I used private message for same issue last night but have not heard back

@gcsapra wrote:

Thanks.

Is it possible change plan...like I move to data only plan $30 1GB LTE and my $25 adjusted towards that.

The best way to do that is to contact the moderators because they might be able to change it for you immediately without losing your existing payment.

gcsapra

Thanks.

Is it possible change plan...like I move to data only plan $30 1GB LTE and my $25 adjusted towards that.

@gcsapra wrote:

Thanks.

So what are my options if my phone is incompatible. I have paid $25 yesterdays. Is there anyway I can get my money back and move to different service provider?

Options:

1. Get a compatible phone and continue with PM
  2. Find another provider that is comaptible with your phone just make sure you remove the AutoPay from your account so your plan does not auto renew.
  3. Contact Public Mobile and see if they will refund your money. My guess is that they won't since they are a prepaid company and don't offer refunds. Doesn't hurt to try.Smiley Happy

Hope this helps!.

gcsapra

Thanks.

So what are my options if my phone is incompatible. I have paid $25 yesterdays. Is there anyway I can get my money back and move to different service provider?

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@gcsapra wrote:

Model is Redmi 4A

I have feeling your phone is not compatible.  Compatibility sites will say a phone is compatible because it has LTE frequency that is used at Public but you need 3g frequency compatible with Public for phone calls. Text + data work on LTE but no voice. Frequencycheck.com says there is version of redmi 4a with only 3g in band 1 and 8.  You need version of redmi 4a with 3g in band 2 and 5 for phone calls.

@gcsapra: If you have another phone available to test it will be worthwhile to try the SIM. If you can make calls then you know 100% it's your phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@gcsapra wrote:

Model is Redmi 4A

I have feeling your phone is not compatible.  Compatibility sites will say a phone is compatible because it has LTE frequency that is used at Public but you need 3g frequency compatible with Public for phone calls. Text + data work on LTE but no voice. Frequencycheck.com says there is version of redmi 4a with only 3g in band 1 and 8.  You need version of redmi 4a with 3g in band 2 and 5 for phone calls.

Yet gsmarena and willmyphonework suggest it has those. That's why I didn't say anything. But y'never know.

@gcsapra wrote:

Model is Redmi 4A

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gcsapra wrote:

I took $25 plan, unlimited Canada wide calling, unlimited texts and 500 MB + 500MB 3G data. I have checked my account. Right plan is activated.

So how'd it go with the $1 idea? Seriously. Assuming you have a cc on file.

gcsapra

I took $25 plan, unlimited Canada wide calling, unlimited texts and 500 MB + 500MB 3G data. I have checked my account. Right plan is activated.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@gcsapra wrote:

Hi, 

I purchased a new PM number but only can do texts,  no calls are a outgoing neither incoming. 

Please help. 

What plan did you take?  Log into account and make sure that you activated a plan that includes talk.

gcsapra

Model is Redmi 4A

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gcsapra wrote:

I checked the compatibility.It's compatible. Buy still.not working. Tried lost,/Stolen off and on. Aeroplane mode off & on. But nothing is working. Still can do only texts with no calls. Have $25 plan with unlimited Canada wide calling

I kinda doubt it but what the hey you're waiting for moderators anyway...

Manually add another $1 into your account and restart the phone. See what happens. It's been known to clear things up.

And what was the exact make/model of the phone?

gcsapra

I checked the compatibility.It's compatible. Buy still.not working. Tried lost,/Stolen off and on. Aeroplane mode off & on. But nothing is working. Still can do only texts with no calls. Have $25 plan with unlimited Canada wide calling

gcsapra

Thanks.

Lost/Stolen is not working. I have sent private message to moderators. Let's c.

JaimeLaPizza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you need to check if your phone is compatible with Public Mobile: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/get-started.  I would think it is because SMS works...

@gcsapra wrote:

No I did not port. It's a new number I purchased. 

OK, you made sure that your phone is compatible with PM? Try turning off your phone re-insert the SIM card and power on again to see if it works. If no, try the Lost/Stolen reset trick:

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using the Plan and Add-ons tab
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone 

If that doesn't work then contact Public Mobile for help

The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern).

Hope this helps!

JaimeLaPizza

Do you get any error message at all from the phone ?

In the self-service page, what does it say if you click on "Plan details" ?

gcsapra

It's a new number,  not a port. Also my plan includes unlimited  canada wide calls

gcsapra

No I did not port. It's a new number I purchased. 

JaimeLaPizza

Does your plan include calls ?   Some of them are data only, no voice (unless using Fongo or other such services).  If you ported your number from previous carrier, it may take a while, but usually making calls work, but not receiving.  Will work after a few hours, once you receive a confirmation (SMS) that porting is completed

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@gcsapra wrote:

Hi, 

Please help. 

Did you port your number over from your previous provider? If yes, it will take a while to complete. What you can do is to continue using your old SIM until it stops working. Once it stops working it means that the port is complete and at that point just insert the Public Mobile SIM and everything should start to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.