cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Signal

cbhodder
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

made the switch to Public Mobile last night however i have yet to have any signal. any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

cbhodder

yes tried all of the above. also called Bell to verify that it was de-activated on their end 

cbhodder

i brought my number forward from Bell. called Bell about an hour ago and they confirmed they cancelled on their side 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@cbhodder   Have you tried rebooting the phone or toggling airplane mode on/off?  You can also try switching your network settings to 3G/WCDMA temporarily.

BTW, you did respond with a yes to the porting authorization text within 90 mins of receiving it from your old provider and that account was active at time of number transfer?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@cbhodder 

If you have another phone to test your SIM card in that would be ideal. However if you have no services at all then it is likely that your SIM card did not provision correctly upon activation. Put that in your subject line and contact customer support to provision your sim card to your account.

Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times but expect a reply within an hour however there is a system issue today affecting other customers so it may be a little longer of a wait to hear from a CSA.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin#.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Did you port over a number or get assigned a new one?

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

if you have a second device available, try your sim card in that one, it may be a case of incompatibility depending on what network you were previously on and what device you have.

Need Help? Let's chat.