cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service

Werner3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

All of a sudden I get messages saying that there is no service.

8 REPLIES 8

@mloukko    Try switching your phone's network mode to 3G/WCDMA/Global.    That might help with the calls temporarily.  Seems like others are also experiencing some of the same issues as you and I'm not sure if it's connected to PM rolling out VoLTE or not.

mloukko
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been getting the same here (Victoria).  I'll have 2,3 or 4 bars but it will say "no service" or "service not available".  I just assumed it was due to having an old (old, old, old) phone that can't cope any more or having had to recently update my payment info. (checked the account, all paid up until April) or living in an area with large cellular dead zones, and in a house with thick plaster (aka cell signal killing) walls.  

If there is a broader issue, that would make me feel a bit better(?)

I have (with limited success) rebooted and/or activated "airplane mode" for 30-40 seconds.  Some times that works.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust   Thanks, yes don't think it's an outage as I've resolved it on my end.

@Werner3    Can you check your network mode and set it to Global?  That seems to have fixed it for which is probably due to me messing around trying to find the VoLTE setting on my phone.

Cell service works great in the Koot's.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Okanagan in and out is fine for me.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Werner3    There is something going on currently as I'm unable to make or receive calls as well.   BTW, are you in BC?

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Werner3   call 611 from your phone to check account status or logon via portal to ensure your account is active.  Maybe payment has lapsed and you need to pay to make your account active again.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Werner3 , was your account renewing recently?  Have you checked account status to confirm that it is active?  If account is active, try rebooting the phone to see if it is able to make a network connection.  

Need Help? Let's chat.