cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service

JaredCoady
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have an unlocked iphone 6s that I'm trying to use with Public Mobile.  I've received the SIM, activated, and put it in the phone but it still says "No Service".  I know it's unlocked because it says so in the bottom of the about section where "Carrier Lock" says "No SIM restrictions".  I've also tested my eastlink sim in the phone and it worked fine. I've tested the Public Mobile SIM in my iphone 12 and it worked there no problem.  But for some reason when I put it back into the 6s it says "searching" and then "No Service". No other messages.

I've rebooted the phone, reset network settings, reset the whole phone, removed the SIM and waited and then re-inserted it...all with the same result.

Any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JaredCoady wrote:

Hi,

I have an unlocked iphone 6s that I'm trying to use with Public Mobile.  I've received the SIM, activated, and put it in the phone but it still says "No Service".  I know it's unlocked because it says so in the bottom of the about section where "Carrier Lock" says "No SIM restrictions".  I've also tested my eastlink sim in the phone and it worked fine. I've tested the Public Mobile SIM in my iphone 12 and it worked there no problem.  But for some reason when I put it back into the 6s it says "searching" and then "No Service". No other messages.

I've rebooted the phone, reset network settings, reset the whole phone, removed the SIM and waited and then re-inserted it...all with the same result.

@JaredCoady 

Important, check to make sure your IOS is fully up to date on your iphone 6s.

If there is an update to do, to it. Then, perform another Network Reset.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JaredCoady 

if you try in another device and the SIM card working fine, then issue with your device or locked device, and need to unlocked iPhone, from where you get it !

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and you can try to reset network settings on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

and maybe your device defective,

first try to do erase all content and settings Here link,  or  Here link, 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options. An option like Cellular Data Network indicates an unlocked iPhone.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@JaredCoady wrote:

Hi,

Check for a Carrier Settings update (Settings -> General -> About)

Edit:You may need to check for the updates by connecting the iphone 6s via USB to your PC and running iTunes

Need Help? Let's chat.