cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service and unable to log into account

maggiema
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up for Public Mobile on Friday and received an email that said to log into my account and make changes? But I am not able to log into my account?

Previously my Rogers sim card was still working and it just currently stopped... so I put in my PM sim card and it work? But I dont' have data and cannot text or call...

When I try to text it says that I need to log into my account but I can't... 

Also private messaged @Shazia_K on friday but she hasn't responded...

Help!!

10 REPLIES 10

@maggiema I see you posted to @Jeremy_M's thread on this topic so I will leave you there.

Come back here if the account set up looks good but your phone is still not providing service.

Meanwhile, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

Good luck.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

What message is showing on the phone with the PM SIM installed; No Service, No SIM, Public Mobile with dots, or ?

maggiema

It's unlocked.

Did you purchase it from Rogers? If so, has it been unlocked?

maggiema

Yes I believe so... I tried powering off and removing the sim card, it didn't work though. 

maggiema

Nexus 5 ... I can't call, text or use data though.

What is make/model of your phone? Some are quirky for data set up.

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

to setup data you need to follow these instructions, the no texting, should fix by rebooting the phone. 

sm2016
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Seems like a common problem that people are having. Moderators can usually step in and help fairly quickly.

Tagging @Mary_M. In the meantime, send over your account information including your phone number and sim card number to her in a private message

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi,

It sounds like you may have ported your old number to PM.  Is that right?

If it is, it sounds like the port process has started but not finished.

In the meantime, power off your phone, remove the SIM card for a minute, and then power back on.  Sometimes this solves the problem...

Hope this helps,

Neil

Need Help? Let's chat.