cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service? Cannot make a phone call. Help needed please.

kaylamary
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone, I am pretty new to public mobile, coming towards the end of my first month and I haven't had any trouble until now. I tried to make a call and my phone wouldn't let me. I think it's been like this all day because I was expecting calls but I only just noticed. I have reset my phone several times and no change. I am not owing any money and my account is fine but I can't call out. Sometimes it says no service on top but I'll restart it and I have full bars but still can't make a call. This is really inconvenient because I am expecting calls. Any ideas on why it's like this? Thank you in advance!!

24 REPLIES 24

Nicky30

Hey there 

what plan did you pick? Did you pick unlimited calls? 

karensphone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I paid for a month plus have a balance due to overpayment and my phone is saying I ran out of time in 10 days need it fixed now

Nicky30

Cause if their *611 was working yet then when I called I would of got a recorded message of what had happened, and how could I ask for help when I stated I could not get on this for 3.5 hours! And I wasn’t asking for your help so please again stop! If I said hey jp2 can you help me? But I didn’t so please stop replying. I wanted the mods help and I got it 

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Nicky30 I'm simply pointing out that your complaining about not getting any help even though you didn't even ask for help in the community. You have only used the community for complaining about it?

BTW I'm not stating option. I'm asking valid questions and posting from my own experience 

Nicky30

Hey JP

who is asking for your opinions? NO ONE, so be a respectable person and shut it 

jp2

@Nicky30@Also if you actually tried asking for help on the dumb message board you probably would have had a response in under an hour

jp2

@Nicky30 wrote:

No but it would explain to me why I wasn’t able to register for 3.5 hours when you can’t register you can’t get any help and a message board is the dumbest idea ever

If you need to have someone to help you on the phone and think message boards are dumb. Why would you have signed up with a company that advertises it doesn't have a call centre??? 

vdhanju
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Still No Data Access.

Edit: It resumed after restarting the phone.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

UPDATE:

We have received news that the network outage has been resolved.

If you are still unable to use your services, please let me know and I will take a look at your account (please include phone number and PIN in Private Message)

I would advise you guys to power cycle your device first, just in case 😉

Cheers,

Ashley

Nicky30

No but it would explain to me why I wasn’t able to register for 3.5 hours when you can’t register you can’t get any help and a message board is the dumbest idea ever

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

We have now been updated that it is affecting Atlantic Canada, as well.

I'm really sorry guys! Should we receive any more updates, I will be letting you guys know.

Just be on the look out for my post.

Regards,

Ashley

jp2

@Nicky30 wrote:

Stand behind your service PM this is insane! And get a phone number!!!!!!!!!! The fact I have to use a message board is the main reason I’m about to say bye bye to PM 

Having a phone number to call wouldn't help you at all. The network is down for everyone with a company using this network. You sitting on hold for hours to tell them info they already know won't return your service any faster 

jpar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I haven't been able to even register on the network for the past half hour (St. John's). 

kaylamary

That is where I am, Newfoundland.

jpar

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hey guys,

I understand that you are experiencing issues with your network and this is due to a network outage in QC and ON, that is affecting HSPA and LTE services.

Please know that the service is gradually coming back on its own and the outage should not last much longer.

Regardless, I don't want you guys to worry too much, because we already have our team working on this matter.

Thanks for your patience and understanding 🙂

Cheers,

Ashley

This outage affects more than on and qc. Service is down in Newfoundland as well. 

Nicky30

Stand behind your service PM this is insane! And get a phone number!!!!!!!!!! The fact I have to use a message board is the main reason I’m about to say bye bye to PM 

Rabbi

thank you @CS_Agent

jpar

@Nicky30 wrote:

I am having the same issue!!! And the fact that I can’t call someone to speak to them is crazy, I’m thinking about switching away from public mobile, they are terrible 

Even the koodo support number is rejecting calls now saying that volume is higher than normal and to try again later.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey guys,

I understand that you are experiencing issues with your network and this is due to a network outage in QC and ON, that is affecting HSPA and LTE services.

Please know that the service is gradually coming back on its own and the outage should not last much longer.

Regardless, I don't want you guys to worry too much, because we already have our team working on this matter.

Thanks for your patience and understanding 🙂

Cheers,

Ashley

kaylamary

It was all down, was it? 
I tried again and it worked but now says no service again, like it's in and out. 

Rabbi

its all telus network

Nicky30

I am having the same issue!!! And the fact that I can’t call someone to speak to them is crazy, I’m thinking about switching away from public mobile, they are terrible 

Rabbi

i think that now is it fix try agan

michaelzheng

I have the same problem, not able to receive/make any calls

Need Help? Let's chat.