cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SMS renew notifications

CellphoneuserP1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have not received any payment notifications via SMS for the last 2 months since the upgrade of the Public mobile site.

Is this going to be corrected and should I notify public mobile ?

16 REPLIES 16

Well we'll see what comes of it. I guess I'm surprised no one else has reported bringing this to support and getting them to do something about it. So good on you for soldiering on with it.

CellphoneuserP1

CS_agent has opened a ticket to investigate.

CellphoneuserP1

CS_agent informs me that they do send text. See the following message from CS_agent Flavoius

As I mentioned in my previous message we notify our customer if the plan has not been renewed due to a payment issue. The answer to your question is yes. We are sending out text messages before and after the renewal date.

Agree with @dust2dust . PM might send a message when plan is NOT renewed - failed to renew but they are NOT sending SMS before and after successful renewal. Since April 2023

CellphoneuserP1

I am working on it. He currently is suggesting that it is blocking of my SMS messages

I think Flavius is misinformed. So then get him to fix it for you if that is the deal and see how far he gets. No one else is getting those messages that I know of (other than the failed one). They stopped months ago. So if he can fix it for you then let us know and those that want those messages back can ask for them.

CellphoneuserP1

Then something is wrong as CS_agent responding as follows.

As I mentioned in my previous message we notify our customer if the plan has not been renewed due to a payment issue. The answer to your question is yes. We are sending out text messages before and after the renewal date. Flavius NOTE: Do not reply to this email address: community-n...

CellphoneuserP1

what occurs when there is a credit card issue ? How are users notified ?

CellphoneuserP1

How are notifications performed when a credit card problem exists ?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

There are no more (for whatever strange reason!) SMS regarding next renewal and 'thank you' for successful renewal since about April 2023.

Some people complained they are getting too many SMS from PM and maybe PM decided to discontinue those notifications for everybody. I DID LIKE those notification!

Not to do with renewals no. I get 611 access texts (stupid waste of time), I get limited features remaining texts, I recently got a text about a soon to expire credit card. But I'd have to go back further to see when I last got renewal texts.
Some people liked them and used them, some hated them and wanted them turned off. I guess they won the day. Or it's just another oversight around here.

CellphoneuserP1

If they are going to make a major change in operational notification. Yes I would expect a notification.

So no Public mobile users no longer receive SMS messages notification messages ?

It's not the kind of thing they would announce though. Hey everybody just so you know we will NOT be letting you know when your account is about to renew so that you can make sure you are able to renew it.
I would say it's oversight.

CellphoneuserP1

Is this by intent or a failure of the system? I do not see any notification of the change.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@CellphoneuserP1 

They stopped sending text reminders for months. You need to check your account for the next renewal date.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@CellphoneuserP1 PM has stopped sending out that kind of texts now for all of us 😞  

you might want to set up a reminder yourself on your phone

Need Help? Let's chat.