cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SIM

ragh83
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

I followed all the steps to install the eSIM.

1. I also rec'd text message from Bell Canada to confirm if i wanted to transfer my phone number over to PM. I replied yes to that.

2. Data and calls are working on the PM cell network (disabled wifi and checked) but i am unable to send SMS (messages) or receive 2FA messages.

3. I also tried turning on/off airplane mode, several phone restarts and reset the network setting as well.

4. also removed the Bell sim card from the sim tray

3. On the top right corner of my iphone, instead of showing the carrier name and bars it is not showing anything (no bars) and phone is showing "No Sim".

12 REPLIES 12

ragh83

So restarted my phone once after this and now i am able to receive and send SMS messages. Also checked 2FA and that works too. So all good 🙂

ragh83

Hi,

CSA asked me to re-activate a new eSIM. I followed their steps and was able to get the bars on the right hand corner as well as seeing "Public Mobile" on the left hand corner. 

But i am still unable to send text messages. tried to send texts to another phone and from that phone. Did not receive it from that phone or my texts were not rec'd. I have sent same reply to the CSA. 

unnamed1.jpgunnamed.png

@ragh83 that is an SMS issue many nee subscribers experiencing.  Easy fix for PM agent and you just have to open ticket and make them aware you have problem with SMS text (not eSIM problem)

@ragh83 

Please do not post pictures of your contact information. I have removed the picture in question from your message post, but you will still need to delete the picture from your Community account profile.

ragh83

61287.jpg78411.jpg

ragh83

I tried everything under the sun to fix it but still does not work.

CSA from PM said theres no issue from their end...everything seems fine i.e., # ported correctly and all services are active.

Now my question is...should i delete the current eSIM and re-trace the original steps? or will it **bleep** up the process?

Is there a way to reinstall a different eSIM? How do i do that?

@ragh83 

message support again, they usually reply within the same day

and you can receive incoming calls on the PM sim card?  if so, it is not a big concern, it just weird it is showing No SIM .  One thing you can try is to changet the network connection from automatic to manual and pick Public Mobile.  Also, change the network mode to 4G or LTE

ragh83

Yes i have rebooted my phone 10 times now

I have also raised a ticket but havent heard back from the agent as yet.

@ragh83 

reboot your phone and see if can receive phone calls

for SMS problem, open ticket as advised above

but keep in mind, after it is fixed, you will get text from friends first. 

For text from CRA or banks, it is normal that there is a delay.  They put in a wait time (3 to 7 days) to avoid sim fraud

@ragh83  Contact customer service as @softech suggested, you can submit a ticket at the chat message icon bottom right or if that doesn't work send agents a private message using the link given.  The agents can fix this quite quickly but it would likely take a bit longer for the 2FAs to start working, this is a safety feature from banks etc.

ragh83

I ported my number from bell to PM. 

So what can i do now...i cant access my banking a/c, no CRA nothing? How long will it take to fix this...am i **bleep**ed? i should have stayed with bell? 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ragh83 

the SMS issue is an issue by itself, not related with esim or porting

But I am a bit confused, you said the PM sim is working (after Bell sim removed)?  and you said it shows No SIM on top and no bar?

can you confirm if you activate with new number or port in number from another old provider?

For your SMS issue, PM is having problem provisioning text capability for new activations.  And if you are an iPhone user,  iMessage activation by phone number will also be impacted without a working SMS. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Under-Investigation-Ongoing-Issue-Text-Me...

PM is working on a fix but for now, they can only resolve the issue on a case by case basis.  Please open ticket with PM support by messaging CS Agent here: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.