cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Outbound SMS

wl554347
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

New customer. No number port. Data and inbound SMS function. Calling functions. APN settings have automatically changed on inserting Sim card. 

Messaged moderator team but thought I'd post. Going on 48hrs now since activation. Help! 

7 REPLIES 7

wl554347

@Anonymous wrote:

@wl554347 wrote:

New customer. No number port. Data and inbound SMS function. Calling functions. APN settings have automatically changed on inserting Sim card. 

Messaged moderator team but thought I'd post. Going on 48hrs now since activation. Help! 

If you're on the $10 plan then maybe you've used the 50. Some phones also send several texts in the background on initial set up on a new provider.

On the $25 unlimited text plan. MMS outbound works.

wl554347

Text Messages seems greyed out in the native Samsung messages app. No available at all on Google messages. 

wl554347

No luck. Using a Samsung A520W. 

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@wl554347 Try this Messaging=>Settings=>Text(SMS) Messages=> SMSC Setting. Then input 16475800172

It's possible that a ”force" change of your SMS settings may solve the issue.  

• Go to Settings

• Then go to Mobile networks and select a network other than Public Mobile, Telus, or Koodo

• When you exit the menu the phone should lose the network.

• Repeat the process and select Public Mobile as your mobile network.

This procedure will force the update of the message centre number. You can verify it in your message settings.

What make/model phone are you using?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wl554347 wrote:

If you're on the $10 plan then maybe you've used the 50. Some phones also send several texts in the background on initial set up on a new provider.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.