cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Network Connection

Nadya
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been trying to get in contact with an agent for a while now to figure out whats going on.  It's been 4 days now that my phone is not connected to a network, and therefore cannot send or receive texts and calls, and I don't have access to my data.  I've tried restarting my phone, switching the airplane mode, mobile data, and other buttons on and off, I've even tried resetting my network completely which got rid of all the wifi connections and Bluetooth connections I had saved on my phone.  I cant even call 611 to help me because its as if there's no sim card in my phone.

This really sucks and is very frustrating because it causes a lot of stress to people that they cannot reach me and know if I'm okay and vice versa, and I am paying for a service that I can't even access.  This isn't the first time I have problems with this company and I can't get in contact with anyone to help me.  I've tried Simon, no use.  And when I try submitting a ticket, it says that some information isn't valid so there's no other way to let anyone know I'm having issues except through here.  If this doesn't get fixed soon, or if I ever have other problems, I will just leave because it's not worth all this time and effort for nothing.  I've never gotten credits or anything in return from Public Mobile.

21 REPLIES 21

Kate_mcc

I have also had some problems with network not available messages. It started after I had the usb port piece replaced on my phone and I had thought it was a problem with the part. I did notice that after I had complained about the network issue to the repair company while I was at Decarie Square it started to work when I was further east around Henri Bourassa metro station. Weird. It's been intermittent and I wondered if my sim could be the problem. I will watch to see how others are doing.

Perhaps the addition of 4g has not gone completely smoothly and we are seeing some problems?

@yar654321   if it is network issue, you can connect when you are away from where you are now? I meant you tested in different area and was working in other area?

yar654321

yeah, it's not the card or phone. It's the network

@yar654321 wrote:

i tested the sim card in another phone as well as a different sim card and same problem

@yar654321   this makes it more confusing.

If you try the sim card on another phone and same issue, usually this is sim card or account issue

But you also said "as well as a different sim card and same problem", so you put a different sim card on your phone and same issue?  That could also mean it is a device issue.

yar654321

i tested the sim card in another phone as well as a different sim card and same problem

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@MCT 

Have you toggled airplane mode on/off?

Edit:

Have you tested your sim card in another phone? And vice versa? That will determine if its a device ir a sim card issue.

MCT

No the rest didn't work. I was talking to customer service, but I had tried everything they said and still frustrated. Sometimes I have service..other times not. He said it must be my phone.

@MCT 

Performing a network reset did not work? Ask customer support to reprovision your sim card.

MCT

I have been having issues since June 30th, when for some reason my "auto pay" account was suspended, even when manually "topping the account up" it just kept the money in the balance. Robot Sim, finally got it to work and the account was unsuspended, but still the network connections are not working, most of the time it says network not available and I have to manually go in and try to reconnect to the network, may stay for a bit then drops again..no service. 

I have had it to a tech and he can't figure it out. It all started with the suspended account (that was on auto pay and has worked for over a year) 

Very frustrated SamsungA70

Hi @MCT open your own new post and let us know exactly what happened and what have you tried 

Tell us if it just happened and the phone make and model

MCT

I am having similar issues..did you get any answers?

yar654321

I am having the same problem, bought a new phone.. same problem. Changed the sim card... same problem!! getting help is also a struggle!!

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Nadya  "very frustrating because it causes a lot of stress to people that they cannot reach me and know if I'm okay and vice versa"

As a backup for these situations check out TextNow and Fongo.com. Both provide free calling while connected to wifi. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Keep us updated once you hear back from CS_Agent on how it was resolved. Hopefully it can all be sorted out.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Nadya 

Have you put your sim card in another phone? This determines if it's a device issue or a SIM card issue. The inability to connect to the network alludes to the SIM card being the problem. It either needs reprovisioning or it could have just failed a needs replacing. You should gave a reply from a CSA within a couple of hours after opening time of 6am. Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Nadya

Hi, I tried it and it is not.  Thank you for trying.

Nadya

Thank you, I have messaged them and am now waiting for a reply.

Nadya

Hi,

I'm located in Ile Perrot, Quebec.

I checked the link you sent and there doesn't seem to be an outage in my area, but either way, this issue stays wherever I go.

If you have any other suggestions, let me know.

Thank you for trying.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Nadya 

Where are you located?

There have been Telus outages for 5G upgrades.

Check the outage map:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Nadya 

Have you tried your SIM card in another unlocked phone? 

If still problems private message a CS Agent with the link below.

You can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Edit: Have you tried logging into self service to see if your account status is Active?

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Nadya 

Try the following to ensure device isn't blacklisted:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Need Help? Let's chat.