cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No MMSC or proxy within cellular settings

eoverhol
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

My phone is not receiving service (says no service in corner, unable to make calls or access cellular data). I've tried to update the APN settings, however, the only fields that are present within 'cellular data network' are APN, username and password). I have changed ISP.Mb.com - Sp.mb.com but still no luck. In addition, I have:

- toggled airplane one and off

-removed/re-installed sim

- reset network settings multiple times

-changed sim card (and updated PM profile with the new Sim number) 

- updated phone with latest version of IOS

also, for the record, my phone is unlocked.

7 REPLIES 7

@eoverhol 

It certainly sounds like your sim card did not provision properly when you activated so it is unable to communicate with pm 's network. Follow @BlueB advice to contact the moderators to provision your sim card correctly.

BTW....keep your freedom sim card it has the ability to help others add their APN to their phone if they happen to have a phone that greys out those settings due to their OS.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@eoverhol 

If you see it in your account, then the problem could be an Activation error with Public Mobile's system.  I would reach out to a Moderator (staff) at this point for them to look into on their side, whether it's Activation or an Account Provisioning issue. 

It's best to open a ticket through the SIMon chatbot (chat bubble, lower-right corner) because you can authenticate and attach your account with the Ticket.  You can message them here but still need to authenticate separately.

Added note: You used a referral code for your new account to get $10 credit, right?  If not, get one from your friend/family member and send this to a Moderator to apply.  They get $1/mo credit.  If for some reason you don't have one, we're users helping users and could help you with one too, but best from a friend/family member to help them out! 

Goodluck and let us know how it goes!

eoverhol

Hi all, I have tried some of your solutions and unfortunately none have worked. Also, I did not transfer my old number from freedom. I called 611 but the call failed. I checked my self-serve and the new sim card is listed as the active sim card. The new sim card is also not working in my old phone which works with my old sim.

BlueB

@eoverhol 

To clarify, does the phone itself show "No Service" on-screen at all times, or only when you try and use it (eg. make a phone call)?

If you're porting your number over, are you trying to Activate a new SIM card service, and port your number over from Freedom?  If this is the case, I would first Activate your SIM card with a Public Mobile (temporary) phone number.  Then afterwards you can port your number over at any time.

In terms of porting from Freedom, you need to confirm your account to authorize the transfer.  If you're out of funds and unable to authorize the transfer (via text message receive + reply), then this won't work.  You can try reaching out to the Porting Team to see if they can help, but you need an activate Public Mobile account first.  Be prepared to provide evidence that you actually own your old Freedom account.  (I'll send you the Porting phone number in a private message, since they don't like it posted publicly here.)

Does this make sense and/or are we missing anything here?

PS: Welcome to the Public Mobile Community!!  🙂

eoverhol

Thanks for your prompt reply. I tried an old Sim card in my phone from my previous provider, freedom. I received a message from freedom informing me that I need to top up my account in order to receive service which I obviously won't be doing. I assume that this means that the phone is working. My account is in good standing with a positive balance and my self-serve states that my next payment is to occur mid Aug.

@eoverhol so, you actually had Mod to update the new SIM on the system (or you use the new Change SIM request on My Account) ?

And My Account , on the Change SIM request page is now showing your new SIM card, last 4 digits?

Did you try putting the SIM in another phone to test it out?

Which city and province you are at?  How long you have the issue?

BlueB

@eoverhol 

Yikes... thanks for telling us what you see, what you tried, and what's going on - really helps us help you.  🙂

Have you tried your SIM card in another phone?  Try calling 611 and let us know in case that works.  If you log into your Self Serve account online - is your Plan active and in good standing?

If your phone is saying No Service, then the problem is either with your phone or SIM card (if it can't access the SIM card properly and login to the cellular network) - most likely.  There could be a problem with your account, but in that case, usually you "have service signal" but you can't dial anywhere.  That's why I'm curious if your SIM card was tried in another phone, and similarly, if you can try another SIM card in your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.