cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data

nharty43
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I am not getting data on my device. We set it up with the proper APN settings, turned on and off airplane mode to try to get it working, and left it overnight to see if it was slow to kick in. Please help. I have PM'd the moderator team as well as one of the moderators. 

5 REPLIES 5

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@nharty43 wrote:

This was a new activation, LG G5. Deleted APN numerous times and re-added. Was on TELUS before this. Ported number, and can make calls, just no data access. Back where I purchased right now, we have swapped to a new SIM, then deleted and re-added APN again. When I search for networks, Public mobile LTE pops up, but when I click on it, it says unable to connect to this network at this time.

This might be a back end provisioning issue. 

You need to do a network reset for your LG G5 after changing provider even you are on the same network with different provider.

Please do not perform factory reset as factory reset delete everything.  Network reset only clear the network related parameters.  Your LG G5 will work right away after network reset without setting up your account, contacts etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nharty43, I think I have seem some posts on this forum about APN issues with (some) LG phones.  You might want to do a search.  I think that in some cases, you need to do a reset of the phone, or the network settings, or something like that.

Take a look at the following post: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/No-mobile-data-on-my-LG-G4/m-p/129511...

nharty43
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This was a new activation, LG G5. Deleted APN numerous times and re-added. Was on TELUS before this. Ported number, and can make calls, just no data access. Back where I purchased right now, we have swapped to a new SIM, then deleted and re-added APN again. When I search for networks, Public mobile LTE pops up, but when I click on it, it says unable to connect to this network at this time.

This might be a back end provisioning issue. 

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Post the phone model might help.

I assume you are new activation.

Does call, text work, only data is not working, then its usually the apn setting issue.

Also you can delete all the apn, restart and add the new apn.   

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Was your data working previously?  Or is this a new activation?  Try restarting your phone as well.

Need Help? Let's chat.