cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Cell/Data Service due to internal Koodo/PM database problem

admlw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

I thought I'd share my current problems with my account in case anyone else is experiencing the same issues as I am.

About a week ago, my data stopped working. Then my cell service stopped working. As you all know, the response time from PM has been approximately a week, so I have been going a week without any cell service. This is one week of lost business for me.

I finally received a response from PM (through Facebook messenger), and they said it was a SIM card activiation issue. They said they are looking into it. I have not heard back from anyone since that message. I'll also note that I received a message from one of the mods asking for my number so they can look into it, and once again, since then I have not heard back from them.

When I was no longer able to make calls, I received a text froom KOODO saying that I was out of minutes. I was with Koodo before I switched to PM, so I figured there must be some internal error between KOODO and PM.

So I called Koodo, and just as I suspected, they confirmed that my number has been registered to someone else on the Koodo network, which is the cause of my problems. They would not tell me who was responsible for this error (whether it was from PM or Koodo team), but they said that they are trying to resolve this.

At the current moment, I am still without any service at all. 

2 REPLIES 2

admlw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You might want to give Koodo a call and see if they can help, since they have phone support. If others are having the same issues with duplicate numbers getting activated, this may be an even larger problem than this current overload of new customers coming in.

I asked to get transferred to a manager to ask about compensation, but I got cut off while put on hold.

This is my primarily line, so I am just focused on getting back up and running first, and will discuss later with PM/Koodo about compensation.

nostradamus777
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm in the same boat as you, also having ported from Koodo.

I haven't had service in over 2 weeks now and am still waiting for a solution.  Really hoping this gets fixed soon.  Does anyone know if they are crediting people back for such long periods without service?

Need Help? Let's chat.