No Caller ID

Comic_Con2024
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Community

How do completely stop No Caller ID?

27 REPLIES 27

Comic_Con2024

Ok, yes I know who it is and he have called me many times and my voicemail is blocked. Why is that my voicemail is blocked when he called me No Caller ID?

@Comic_Con2024   No if you change your number you won't be able to get your current number back.  How are you able to see who it is in your call log but it comes up without caller ID on your phone?

Comic_Con2024

If I change my cellphone number can I get back my old cellphone number?

Comic_Con2024

How can I find my voicemail number?

Comic_Con2024

He will stop over time

Comic_Con2024

I blocked his contact and I silence unknown callers 

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Try blocking the number if you can.

@Comic_Con2024 wrote:

View Usage History that is will it show that guy I know kept calling me more then 50 times

If you know who this is...why does he keep calling you ? Have you asked him to stop ? Do you owe him money or something ? LOL

Comic_Con2024

View Usage History that is will it show that guy I know kept calling me more then 50 times

@Comic_Con2024 

is this a new number you recently selected. You might wanna take the time to change your number. Log in to your account / Profile / right side of page see My Phone Number...click the little pencil to take you to area where you can start process of number change.

Comic_Con2024

Ok, I know who is it because I checked the call history on the PM App. How do I check me voicemail number?

@Comic_Con2024 this is not something you can control or stop, just like junk mail in your email and in your real letterbox

If you think those unwanted calls are targeted, or you just joined PM and picked a new number during activation, consider changing the phone number 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

50-60 times a day is VERY unnatural. Have you ever answered any? Was there anyone there? Is this new? Did you get this before? Do you have an idea of who it might be? 

I would think that its time to change your number or contact the authorities.

You should get no more than 2 a week in my opinion.

Comic_Con2024

Why does that happen when someone called  me more then 60 times with No Caller ID?

@Comic_Con2024 

are you aware...you can change your PM phone number if you want. Free to do that, if that helps.

Comic_Con2024

You said it will go to my voicemail but when I called from my voicemail it say I have tried to many time so can you reset the password the 4 numbers. That is kind of scary 

thank

Comic_Con2024

Ok I know that, thanks

@Comic_Con2024 

if the caller called with Caller ID blocked, there is no way to unblock it

To reset Voicemail password 

Ref: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/voicemail-faqs

How To Reset Your Voicemail Password

You can change your voicemail password in the Public Mobile app or My Account or by dialling into voicemail.

To change your voicemail password in the Public Mobile app or My Account:

1. Log in to the app or My Account
  2. Go to the ‘Profile’ tab
  3. Select the pencil icon next to ‘Voicemail Password’
  4. Follow the instructions on the screen

If I set my phone as no caller Id and I call you, you cannot remove it to show you my number. Its the caller who does it and have to undo it. 

If you use  on the options in your phone, you can block no caller Id from ringing and but will go to voicemail. 

Most doctors and medical business call with private or no caller I'd.

@Comic_Con2024 

don't ever answer a call if you don't recognize the callers number. If it's a legit call, they can leave you a voice message and you can call them back. Once the scammers know you'll answer any calls, they keep at you. They can even hide or change their number. You can block, but they change number knowing you'll answer...so don't answer unless you know who's calling you. It'll take a while, but eventually they'll stop.

Comic_Con2024

They called me 50 times or more with No Caller ID

TheSterlinger

There's nothing you can do about that. That is the other person's phone.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Comic_Con2024 wrote:

Hi Community

How do completely stop No Caller ID?

@Comic_Con2024 , on my iPhone settings, Phone I can unselect ‘Show My Caller ID’ .

If that is what you mean.

Edit: I see now according to your last message this is not what you meant! Sorry!

Comic_Con2024

They keeps calling be with No Caller ID and my Voicemail say I have tried to many time so can you reset your passwords.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Comic_Con2024 

You can't really. If another person blocks their number, you can't stop it.

If you want to block your number, Google how to in your phone settings by the phone you have.

If you have an iPhone, you can block unknown callers and have them go either straight to voicemail. 

TheSterlinger

What do you mean? Do you want to stop your number from showing up as No Caller ID? If so go into phone settings and turn Caller ID. If you want to stop other's number from showing as No Caller ID you cannot. It is on their phone's settings.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Comic_Con2024 

do you mean hide your identity ?

added...if you want to hide your ID and you have iPhone...go into settings and tap Phone ..scroll down to Show My Caller ID and toggle off.

Need Help? Let's chat.