cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Available Numbers in the Drop Down Menu

surrey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I am trying to activate a new Calgary Number with the new 12GB Promo Plan but I have no Available Numbers. It's blank. I tried it on a PC with Chrome & Edge Browser, I also tried it with Safari on a Apple Laptop. Tried clearing the cache, Tried various cities across the country. They are all Blank. Any Help would be appreciated.

Thanks
33 REPLIES 33

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jfmartel touche!  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jfmartel
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

srlawren a écrit :

@jfmartel wrote:

Is there any reward for finding bug? Oo Man Tongue

@jfmartel does our undying grattitude count?  Robot LOL

My wallet says no. 😛

srlawren

@jfmartel wrote:

@jfmartel does our undying grattitude count?  Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jfmartel

Well in my case, those are the 2 changes I made during the setup. In my specific case I had 2 errors. One was the regex error when trying to port my number from Fido. A moderator told me to just get a new temporary number and port after. When I went to get a new number, empty scroll down list...

I changed my province for Ontario cause I knew that a lot of people from Ontario were jumping on this deal. I decided to eliminate the possible buggy "Quebec" option by selecting Ontario as my home province. This had maybe no effect at all since the OP got it done by only shortening his first name.

And yes you can select a local number no matter what province you provded in the first setup form.

imm1304

@jfmartel

Just to clarify:  

1.  First name longer than 11 characters is triggering this error?

2.  Is changing the province necessary as well or were you not able to isolate which of the 2 was the culprit?

I assume that you can select a different province but still pick number locally from your local area once the number slection is accessible.  

Thanks @srlawren for the tag.  

Rockdaddy22
Maybe 🙂

jfmartel

Rockdaddy22
Very interesting

jfmartel

The maximum lenght for the first name should be set at 11 since it's the maximum allowed once you are registered. That limitation doesn't exist for the last name.

srlawren

@jfmartel wrote:
I guess that I'm going to be famous in the PM tech support circle lol

@jfmartel the superstar!  Thanks for finding a workaround for this issue!!!

cc: @Luddite @imm1304 @Saray_O @Shazia_K @Mary_M

Rockdaddy22
That's great news, welcome to the PM family 🙂

Rockdaddy22
Very strange, can you explain what's going on here?

jfmartel
I guess that I'm going to be famous in the PM tech support circle lol

sumithkodithuwa

jfmartel  Rockdaddy22   

I was able to activate it. I used the default province and a shorter last name. It showed the drop down box for new number and allowed porting as well without alternate number error.

Thank you.

jfmartel

Try registering with another province and use a shorter name.

Rockdaddy22
@Mary_M is in today, maybe private message her with all the details

sumithkodithuwa

Hi

I am trying to activate the SIM now for 3 days. Same error messages. Alternate Phone Number error and empty drop down box. I activated a SIM 3 days ago. This is another SIM. I used 3 different browsers, cleared and even reset the browser. Unblocked popups. I tried on my phone browser too. I even tried on a vertual PC on my computer Smiley Embarassed . Yesterday, I sent a private message to moderater too.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Charles88

If you haven't already sent a message to Shazia, could you send me a private message with your Public Mobile SIM card number?

I will look into this for you 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

jfmartel

Was able to get it thru tonite. Try the following:

Register yourself in a different province

Shorten your registered first name. Mine is long so I tried only the initials.

I changed those 2 thing and I was able to get the option to select a new phone number. You can correct that information later when you are done.

Charles88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Shazia_K  

Hi, My phone is asking a PUK code for my sim.

I've been phonesless since yesterday, How can I fix this ASAP.

Thanks,

jfmartel

Same for me. Cannot port from Fido (regex error) and no available number to select. Tried 3 computers and still no luck. 

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@surrey

Promise! won't be long before I get back to you 😉 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

surrey
^Responded to your PM about an hour ago. Hopefully you will have me up & running soon.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @surrey

I'm sorry to hear about this! 

Can you please respond to my private message and I will be glad to assist you shortly.

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

surrey
^I tried all those (&more) things before I even posted this thread.

srlawren

Hi @surrey,

I can assure you--nothing about the support experience this past few days has been "normal".  Unforutnately the moderators have had a massive load of requests due to the huge popularity of the current promo plan.  I'm sorry for the experience, and hopeful you will hear back soon.  They are back in the office at 9AM eastern tomorrow.

In the meantime, although I have never experienced this issue myself or when helping friends activate, I have heard there are a couple of things you could try (you may have already--appologies if you have):

1) Try another browser.  If you're using Chrome, try FireFox or IE.  etc.

2) Clear your browser cache, close the browser, and try again

3) Check if you have any pop-up blockers or ad blockers that might be impeding the page.  This one is a new-to-me suggestion that @Luddite proposed recently to a few people.  I'm hoping he can pop in here with more details?

surrey
I haven't Heard Back from any of the Moderators. Is this normal?

surrey
So can you Help me out @Shazia_K, @Mary_M, @Saray_O?

ben10nnery

They're tagged in this thread now and one can respond to you when they have a chance. 🙂

Databoi11

There are two ways that you are able to contact our Community Moderators:
Tagging: Simply tag one of the above Community mods by inserting their name in your topic or reply post. For example, if I wanted to tag Shazia, I would use @Shazia_K to contact her Please do not tag Moderators multiple times for one thread- it will not make them respond any faster. While it may take them 20-30 minutes to get back to you, they will be sure to do so.

Private Messaging: You can do this by searching for the Community Moderator’s name or by clicking on the Community Moderator’s name or Avatar, then, on the right-side of their profile click on “Send this user a private message”

Need Help? Let's chat.