cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 5G but advertised

whodabest
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello everyone,

I just port my number to PM from Fido where I had a great LTE signal (full bars) all the time. The only reason I made this decision is 5G which shows perfectly covered by PM around my area. However I’m having issues having just 1-2 bars and phone constantly switching from 5G to LTE leading to drain my battery as hell. I tried support but there is no solution and for some reason they want to escalate this to tech support which is odd unless they will install a Telus tower on my backyard. I will be leaving PM for this reason unfortunately, but is there any way to refund money I paid for the plan in normal way without asking bank to reverse the transaction (charge back)? The support is ignoring this request.

thanks 

14 REPLIES 14

whodabest

Hello everyone, finally port my number back to Fido and since then PM support stopped answering messages, just silence more than 24 hours. There is case # created regarding the refund issue, but no idea what else I can do besides dispute the transaction with the bank? Any support emails or agents other than 'Jorge_M' who seems upset...?

Thanks!

@whodabest 

try resetting your network settings and see if that helps.

1. From the home screen navigate to Settings>General>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings
If prompted enter your passcode
3. Tap Reset Network Settings
4. Restart your phone

whodabest

Just received a reply from support that they submitted this to tech department and my question regarding the refund was left behind ignored.

whodabest

Yes, I tried. iPhone 14 Pro Max

@whodabest Have you tried to move around? Try inside vs outside? Coverage can be affected by many things such as terrain, buildings, network congestion, phone problems.

What phone are you using?

whodabest

It is, but PM map shows full 5G coverage but it’s not. Seems that if there is no Telus tower (mostly Eastern Canada) then signal will be weak almost always 

@whodabest it might just be your location. Keep in mind Telus, Bell, Koodo, Virgin, Lucky, and Public all use the same network. Rogers, Fido, and Chatr all use the Rogers network.

whodabest

Thanks, but I did ask for a refund, but response was that he will escalate this to tech support… no idea for what

whodabest

Even 4G is weak here not sure why… might be lack cuz of my proximity to towers. The only Rogers is a beast here looks like

@whodabest 

I invite you to ask for a refund then. Use this link to message a CUstomer Support person...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please let us know what their response is.

Watch the little envelop icon on top right side of page will be highlighted when they respond.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Nowhere does it guarantee 5G coverage. It's mostly just a marketing gimmick IMO. I actually find I get better overall performance by leaving my phone in 4G preferred, even though I'm on a 5G plan. I still get faster speeds, even on the 4G network.

whodabest

Sorry you might misread the issue… I paid for what is advertised, but actually the area is not covered.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@whodabest 

The only way to get a refund is to contact an agent which you said you did and they refused? Note that Public Mobile is prepaid. Look at last bullet.

E01D1D3D-2315-43A5-8150-78A74DB41CFA.jpeg

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@whodabest 

once you've paid, you likely not getting a refund as PM supplied what you asked for.

Try manually selecting 5G...not Automatic

Need Help? Let's chat.