cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 4G options for current subscribers

Gregoire
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I am currently on the 3G 1 Gig plan and would like to switch to a 4G plan with a bit more data. None of the subscription changes contain a 4G option. I cannot switch to 5G as my S10e does not have the capability. Can anyone help?

8 REPLIES 8

Gregoire

Thank you hairbag1. That's what I did and I got the 20 Gig 4LTE plan for $29

@Gregoire Ah, okay. Yeah at the moment there is no middle ground unless you're a new customer. It jumps from 1GB to 50GB. It's clearly a push to higher revenue generating plans.

For what it's worth I usually use less than 10% of my data bucket. I don't look at it at a price per gigabyte, I look at the overall value. I suspect most of us don't need anywhere near what these limits allow for, but it helps them market higher spend plans.

Thankfully plans change quite frequently around here, so check back soon and you could be in luck.

Gregoire

Thanks for replying, but the thing is that all of the 5G plans have too much data for what I need. It's either 1 Gig or 60G. I need 4 tops :-).
Thank you for letting me know about being able to subscribe to a "5G" plan with a "4G" only phone though. I didn't know about that 🙂

Gregoire

Hmm. Not sure where or why you moved this @computergeek541 , but when I click on the thread link it denies me saying I do not sufficient privilege to access that thread. 
Denied.jpg

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

You don't need a 5G phone to take advantage of a 5G plan. The plan category dictates max speed, not what network you can connect to. I.e. even on a 5G plan you can still use your 4G phone to connect either the 4G or 3G networks.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Gregoire 

You could switch to 5G plan if you wanted.  You will still just use LTE network anyways with your LTE phone.  You even may get higher data speeds since 5G plans have higher capped data speeds (up to 250 Mpbs)

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Gregoire 

only available 4G are for new accounts. You could message Customer Support and ask to have a 4G applied to your account. Seems like as long as you're upgrading...they just might approve your request.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.