cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie with port issues and promotion issues

Bossman103
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Trying to port my phone number from Telus. It’s been 2hrs, my phone from Telus is still working and PM isn’t 😞 any help here to get this going ?

Tried to apply the bonus 2gb promotion for new sign up. It wouldn’t accept it 😞 so went with the 25$ plan until it can be resolved by someone 

Hoping to be happy with the service and onboarding other family members 🙂 

8 REPLIES 8

@Bossman103 

Sounds like the porting is in progress since you replied to Telus with a YES. So your Telus SIM is still active until the porting is completed then the Telus SIM will stop working.

Remember to power off your phone when you are swapping the SIM.

Give it about 90 minutes and if the porting is not completed, you need to contact a moderator by clicking on the SIMon chat button and ask to contact a moderator or human.

BTW, normally all PM promo applies on $25+ plans.

@Bossman103 call the Port number I sent you and see for status then...

Bossman103

Yes everything still works on the Telus side text and calls

@Bossman103  if you call yourself Telus SIM still ringing?

if Telus phone no longer ringing , you can put your PM SIM into the phone and see

anyway, call the number I sent you (private messaged) and check status.

Usually it's only around 30 mins after you reply the SMS.. but on a busy day, it can be as many as 3 or 4 hours.

@Bossman103 wrote:

Yes I did, I got it almost instantly replied yes, then got it again 1.5hrs later

@Bossman103 

Something hiccupped.

if you want any chance of possibly getting the 2GB promo only way is to explain the difficulty you were having to the Moderators and ask nicely for them to add it. They can also check on your PORT.

Bossman103

Yes I did, I got it almost instantly replied yes, then got it again 1.5hrs later

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Bossman103 wrote:

Trying to port my phone number from Telus. It’s been 2hrs, my phone from Telus is still working and PM isn’t 😞 any help here to get this going ?

Tried to apply the bonus 2gb promotion for new sign up. It wouldn’t accept it 😞 so went with the 25$ plan until it can be resolved by someone 

Hoping to be happy with the service and onboarding other family members 🙂 

@Bossman103 

Put in a ticket with the Moderators to check on the port, AND explain about the 2GB promo.

TWO ways to reach them:

1 - Put in a ticket through SIMon Bot (usually faster method to get in contact with the Public Mobile Moderators) by clicking on the bottom, right chat bubble.
OR
2 - Private message the moderators here (slower method): https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Bossman103  did you get a text from Telus and did you reply YES to it?

Part of the porting process is for you to reply YES to your old provider within 90 mins

I can send you a phone number to call to confirm porting status.

Need Help? Let's chat.