cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie questions

Hayward
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all, i’m new here, thinking of switching over to PM maybe. Silly question: promotions are only for non-PM subscribers? If you’re already with PM, there is no way to take advantage of them, right?

I’ve heard that there is no way to find out from PM how much data one has consumed already, how do you guys keep tabs on that?

What happens if you go over the allotted data? 

What happens to the unused data, does it carry over to the next cycle?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

@Hayward, yes each number requires its own account with separate emails.  If you use gmail you can use alias' shuch as yourname@gmail.com and yourname+line2@gmail.com.  The PM system sees it as two separate emails but all correspondece will be sent through to your primary email.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Hayward

Thanks again. If I have two phone lines, do I need two accounts with PM?

@Hayward, for porting your number it is safer to set up with a new random number and once your service is running you would then go back into the self serve and select port number.  The alternate number they ask for is actually a different number for PM to get a hold of you if an error occurs duing the port or activation.  Could be a landline, a spouse, or roommate just a different number they can get in touch with you.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Hayward

How do I port my number? Is it done automatically when I specify an “alternate phone number” on the sim activation page?

Hayward

Thank you

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Hayward wrote:

Hi all, i’m new here, thinking of switching over to PM maybe. Silly question: promotions are only for non-PM subscribers? If you’re already with PM, there is no way to take advantage of them, right?

I’ve heard that there is no way to find out from PM how much data one has consumed already, how do you guys keep tabs on that?

What happens if you go over the allotted data? 

What happens to the unused data, does it carry over to the next cycle?

Thanks!

Historically PM promotions have been open to existing customers as well, all that was needed was a future dated plan change. However some of the more recent promotions this summer where targetted, either  to Freedom Mobile customers, or regionally. If you wanted a deal badly enough there were some work arounds for them. Only the future will tell what promos PM is coming up with next and what the conditions will be.

There is a data counter in self serve. Quirk of the system is that if you have used all your data, the counter will disapper until the plan is renewed / the data allotment reset.

PM being a prepaid carrier there are no overage charges, if you use all your data data service will simply stop. You can buy an add-on to tide you over to the next renewal date or renew your plan early with the help of the moderators (= PM employees). Your data is available for the whole billing cycle (ie if you go for a 6GB/90day plan you have an average of 2GB per 30days and you can spread the 6GB out as you wish.)

Your regular plan data does not carry over to the next billing cycle, the counter will be reset to your data allotment.

However, the 200MB and 1GB data add-ons stay on your account until they are used up, that data will only be used if your plan data is used up.

Edit: Slight lag in my system here, so I didn't see @ShawnC13's reply. Sorry for double posting!

Hayward

Thank you!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Hayward, welcome to the forum.  Last year during the fall promo it was offered to everyone even existing customers.  Most of the time it is available to all, although they did a promo targeted at Freedom Customers.

In your addons section of the self serve you can see how much data you have used, so the information you have been given is wrong.  Most people will use a data tracker app as well.

If you use up your plan data your data stops and you will not have access to data (ecept wifi) unless you purchase a data addon, go wifi only until your renewal or ask to have your plan renewed early

Unused data does not carry over to your next cycle.  We do have the freedom of it not being a strict amount per month (unless you are on a 30 day plan)  for example 12GB over 90 days you could use 2GB/30 days then 6GB/30 days and 4GB/30 days.  So there is alot of flexibility.  If you do purchase a data addon any unused amount upon renewal of your plan will carry over until you need it again and will remain with your account until it is fully exhausted.  I hope I have answered all of your questions if not keep them coming!!

Need Help? Let's chat.