cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New

Jes_Pet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

thinking of switching but want to port my number over, how on earth do I do that? 

7 REPLIES 7

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, some users suggest activating the new SIM with a new number. Then port your old number, once you know everything is working. 🙂

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Jes_Pet wrote:

thinking of switching but want to port my number over, how on earth do I do that? 

Before you port your previous phone number, make sure previous account is still actively, write down previous account number and PIN number if you have.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Jes_Pet wrote:

Just follow the instructions here. Let us know if you have anymore questions.Smiley Happy

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Once you have your SIM card in hand, follow the instructions in this link

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

kelvarnsen

I did it in store at Wall mart but if you have the sim you can also do it online when you set up the account. When you port it automatically cancels your old plan and your old provider will send you one last bill.

denis2

you will have the option to do so when you activate, you can only port a number that is still active

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Jes_Pet wrote:

Buy a new PM Sim card, activate online, setup self service account, and port your number over.

Need Help? Let's chat.