cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New versus old rewards system

George18
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Sir/madam,

I have been using PM for a few years and recently noticed that I am receiving fewer reward credits than I used to receive in the old rewarding system. The auto pay and loyalty credits were gone.

I read a post yesterday and was told that customers like me should still receive the same credits, The new system is only for new members.

Could you please let me know how can I get the lost points/$ back?

Thanks in advance!

16 REPLIES 16

Krisanne23

Hi,

Unfortunately, we are all switching to the new system and that means big changes for all of us.

This is 2022, not '23. Yes, the messaging around the time was very confusing to the point of deceptive. It seemed like it was a done deal and you just needed to complete it or something. You weren't alone in your thinking.

George18

Thanks a lot! I just submitted a ticket from the link you provided!

Have a great day!

hi @George18 

when did you migrate? if you migrate lately, I don't think there is any migration special offer

you can check by  submit a ticket with CS agent:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@George18  Shoot we are sorry to hear , you’re not the first one to have made the switch not knowing you didn’t have to . Unfortunately there’s nothing that can now be done . But you will still earn 10points annually and get points for all spends like paying your bill and buying add ons and friends referrals have the same value as before it’s  the $2 auto pay and loyalty that hurts . And you have to wait till you have 15 points to redeem for $15 off the bill . But you can also use your points to buy add ons  cheaper then using cash and sometimes they have phone Draws you can win iPhone for using a point to enter 

George18

I think I switched in January, or early February. A bigger mistake was that I did the same to my wife's account!

George18

Yes, I think it's around that time. The information I received, I think, was telling me that I have to change, no other options are available.

Did you switch around the time that the new system came out? (late Jan '22) Or more recently?

George18

Hi @hTideGnow ,

Thanks for the information. Yes, I did switch to the new points system. But I don't think we were given any other options at the moment when I was asked to switch. I don't think it's fair. I felt that I was misled to the new points system. 

George18

Thanks for the information. Yes, I did switch to the new points system. But I don't think we were given any other options at the moment when I was asked to switch. I don't think it's fair. I felt that I was misled to the new points system. 

@Yummy 

The Petro-Canada Points website is back online after be hacked.

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @George18 

which post said that?

there is no way to go back legacy rewards if you moved to Petro points

HUH???? WHAT 'Petro points'?????

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Before we all jump to conclusions here. Let's ask this. Did you at any point switch over from the Legacy Rewards to the new point system? If you didn't, then you should file your concerns with a CS Agent. However, if you did switch to the new rewards system, accidentally or intentionally, there is no going back... ever.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @George18 

which post said that?

there is no way to go back legacy rewards if you moved to Public points

Also, I have never heard of any more compensation for anyone who left legacy system.

(fixed)

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@George18  Sorry if you  switched to the new points system by accident you cannot go back to the old legacy $ rewards IE $2 auto pay and loyalty . Instead you get points  that you can view and redeem from your rewards portal . Once you have 15 points you can redeem $15 off your bill 

Need Help? Let's chat.