cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Public Mobile- not happy

Heppells
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

wont let me activate my subscription due to a number porting issue... I don't care give me a new number! how do I restart?

4 REPLIES 4

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Heppells   As @Handy1 said you need to do the activation on the Public Mobile app.  Reading between the lines I'm guessing what the porting team agent meant was that the account needs to be activated first before they can help with the port, they are only for porting problems and it sounds like yours is more an activation issue.  If you still can't get it to activate even using the app, then contact the Public Mobile customer service agents who can help with activation.  If porting is still an issue after activation, that's when you could call back the porting team, because porting is all they do for the Telus carriers.

Send a private message to Public Mobile customer service using this link and watch your community inbox (envelope icon top right or click on your avatar and select Messages) for a reply.  They should be able to get the ball rolling for you.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

@Heppells  Did you download the PM app to activate ? You need to activate sim in the app not website 

Heppells
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I called the number you provided, she sat there for 30 minutes in silence and then said.... I am not trained on Puiblic Mobile but it seems your sim card is not activated... I can't activate your simcard as I am not trained to do that. 

This is the biggest scam I've ever seen.. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

H i@Heppells 

What was your porting issue?  the account on the old carrier is still active?

Call PM porting team to discuss what the problem is, and they can help.  i will send you the phone number to your community inbox.  check and call them

Need Help? Let's chat.