cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Public Mobile from Bell - port seems stuck

helpmeplease4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Cannot receive phone calls nor texts, can only call out. Tried to get into Public Mobile app but it keeps sending the auth code to my cell phone # which obviously isn't working so I can't even get into my account. Thinking the port might be stuck and I need to re-initiate?

Tried to submit a ticket but after filling in all of the fields, the submit button won't light up so cannot submit.

Help please 🙂

11 REPLIES 11

helpmeplease4

Yikes!

It seems I am good to go now. No text yet from PM to say it was completed but earlier, outgoing texts no longer worked until I turned off the Bell SIM. Seems I am fully on PM now so should be good to go.

Thank you for your help!

helpmeplease4

No it did not give an option for email, kept sending to my cell (I tried the resend a good dozen times hoping it might switch to email). I've since been able to access my text as the Bell Sim was turned off (user error) and was able to get the code, get into my PM account and submit a new port request. Hope it all works this time - this was clearly a user error issue and have learned my lesson! 

helpmeplease4

Thank you for your response! Last night, I was not able to get into my Public Mobile account as it kept sending the 2FA code to my phone, I repeatedly hit "resend" hoping it would send to my email instead however that did not happen. Turns out that my Bell SIM was turned off (user error, had no idea what I was doing...) and once I figured out how to turn it on, was able to receive texts again so got the auth code. Have just re-issued a port request and am hoping all goes well this time 🙂

@helpmeplease4   sound  like it is NOT a porting issue.  But to determine a problem with port or not, check if you can make outgoing calls or if mobile data work.  If you see the sim not even connecting to PM network and you cannot make outgoing calls, it is a sim card provisioning issue.  Very simple fix for PM but you need to engage them via ticket.  Please message them to open ticket:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

For login to My Account, you can use have the 2FA send to email.  Just click Resend Code and then Send email :
E_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg

helpmeplease4

The Bell SIM has been back in for at least 6 hours and I've not been able to receive any calls nor texts. I can't get into My account on here as it keeps trying to send a code to my cell to authorize access. Seems I might be in limbo?

helpmeplease4

I'm on hold still waiting to speak to Bell about the port request resubmission. I can see Public Mobile as an active service and then a blank line with no service which I assume is my Bell SIM.

@helpmeplease4   Hope you're able to get the verbal approval otherwise you'll have wait until the morning.

BTW, here's a link to send a private message to CS_Agent if you're unable to submit a ticket via chatbot:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Unfortunately, you might not get a response from them until the morning but it will appear in your community message box top right.

helpmeplease4

I did reply yes to the Bell text BUT it is possible the SIM wasn't in, I can't recall. Spoke to Bell 10 mins ago who said the original text expired and the rep wasn't able to re-send (can't get texts now anyway so that would not help if they re-sent). I am on hold hoping to reach a Bell activation rep that can manually approve the port but may be out of luck tonight as I believe they close at 12EST.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@helpmeplease4    Did you reply YES to the transfer SMS from Bell within 90 minutes?  You need to keep the Bell SIM in your phone to receive the SMS. 

You can try calling the Telus porting # which I'll private message via the message box top right and they can request Bell to resubmit the porting SMS, however, not sure if they're still open so it might have to wait until the morning.

helpmeplease4

I am not able to receive calls or texts with the Bell sim still in my phone. I can't get into my Public Mobile account as 2FA keeps sending a text to my phone...which I can't access. Am on hold with Bell activation hoping they can manually approve the port, is that the right way to resolve this?

helpmeplease4

Thank you for responding. It has been 6 hours. Just called Bell and they said the text from them expired, thinking I may not have had the SIM in when I responded to the text (first time doing this). Now on hold with Bell hoping someone can manually authorize the port, hope I reach someone before the call centre closes in 7 minutes 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.