cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New targeted offer for some current clients!

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Just received this new offer by text, I have until April 29th to accept it (by replying "*****" to the text?) if I want it... Anybody else got it?

$35/month for unlimited talk+text, and 2.5+0.5 autopay = 3gb data.

Seems like a legit text, as it knows my renewal date, and I already received a text from PM from that number last July...

148 REPLIES 148

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Someone_here Welcome back to the form 🙂

I dont think this is an effective way of doing this. They should offer it as a promo on the front page for everyone. If it gains enough interest they should continue it. If this does gain enough interest I wonder when would this come out to the front page? Mothers Day?

@Someone_here glad to hear you missed it here 😀

(btw, unrelated comment: I had not been here for a while, but in the meantime I was active on Fizz community for a friend (to unlock them some perks for their home Internet). Anyways, missed you guys, this community is way better than the one at Fizz 🙂 )

I find this offer to be strange. I'm not aware any current offers for either new or existing customers. The offer could very well be legitimate, but this would be the first time I've ever heard of Public Mobile allowing changes to be made to an account by having someone reply to a text message.

@Naepalm wrote:

@Someone_here 

contact a MOD. Do not click on outside links. scammers are on the prowl. I git a text from BELL saying im receiving a new loyalty members credit. Just sign in and it is yours. LOL

Thanks for the advice 🙂

But if you look at my screenshot, there are not links, you just need to reply! 

And, other people got the text as well. And I had already received a text from that number in the past from PM. Sounds legit 😉

But I do have to admit it's not the normal way to change a plan. Might wait for confirmation from mods that the offer is real...

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Someone_here DO NOT REPLY. that is not how you change your plan. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Someone_here 

contact a MOD. Do not click on outside links. scammers are on the prowl. I git a text from BELL saying im receiving a new loyalty members credit. Just sign in and it is yours. LOL

That offer is not a bad one indeed, still not sure if I'm changing or not... I usually never get to my 1gb limit, but I tend to be a little extra careful... Plus I still have 2 x 1gb bonus data from past promos, so changing doesn't make much sense right now... 

On the other side, 2 extra gb/month for +$10 is great!

EDIT: for sake of clarity, the offer is NOT for "+2gb +10$" on any plan. Please read 1st page of the thread.

@BearFBI wrote:

@Nanqui I think they are trying to see if it is popular or not. I really hope we get to see this on the front page! I would definitely switch. The 35$ plan is a waste of 10$ coming from the 25$ plan in my opinion. for an extra 500MB its not worth it. Ive always wanted a 35$ plan with at least 2 GB 

@BearFBI    My thoughts exactly.....some may say wishful thinking. Let's hope enough customers accept this offer so it does make it to the plans page.

BearFBI

@Nanqui I think they are trying to see if it is popular or not. I really hope we get to see this on the front page! I would definitely switch. The 35$ plan is a waste of 10$ coming from the 25$ plan in my opinion. for an extra 500MB its not worth it. Ive always wanted a 35$ plan with at least 2 GB 

Nanqui
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@BearFBI 

I don't understand why this offer is not for all mobile public subscribers ?

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Someone_here 

A targeted offer....those don't come around very often. I think that's another market test to see if there's enough interest to warrant that plan as a permanent offering. If they can convince enough users to upgrade to it from the $15 and $25 plans. This is exciting news as I've been pushing for a mid range data plan.

@will13am  No groveling necessary.....until this lands on the plans page. Have I been beating dead horse?

@darlicious  last part of your post was totally uncalled for

@ShawnC13  Well I'm only teasing @will13am for his response yesterday to my want of a 2 or 3gb data plan. There was no disrespect intended....just a little humour.

@darlicious wrote:

@zmh1175 

No and I hope they don't because I don't want to subsidize reduced speed data for someone else. I agree with @will13am  but if public mobile would offer 2gb and 3gb plans then customers could choose a data plan that suits their needs rather than the feast or famine choice of data plans.

Groveling for 2 and 3 GB plans is pretty much like banging your head against a wall.  giphy.gif

Nanqui

@BearFBI I received the offer too!

BearFBI

@Nanqui wrote:

@Staliger 

I’m here since february 2020 and I received the offer by Sms.

@Nanqui Really. Wow! You too!

Hahaha I got exited for a second because I got a message from Public mobile but it was just a reminder about my payment being due.

Nanqui

@Staliger 

I’m here since february 2020 and I received the offer by Sms.

BearFBI

@darlicious wrote:

@Someone_here 

A targeted offer....those don't come around very often. I think that's another market test to see if there's enough interest to warrant that plan as a permanent offering. If they can convince enough users to upgrade to it from the $15 and $25 plans. This is exciting news as I've been pushing for a mid range data plan.

@darlicious Same here I wish they had a data plan like that. Thats the only thing that would make me switch from 25$ Plan to 35$ plan. I really hope this happens. Mabey this is what PM meant by "We are working on exiting things here at Public Mobile"

Nanqui

Yes, it is an offer sent by public mobile I received it too. the package for this offer is better than the $ 35 package offered on the public mobile website.

@darlicious wrote:

@Someone_here 

@will13am  No groveling necessary.....until this lands on the plans page. Have I been beating dead horse?

@darlicious  last part of your post was totally uncalled for

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Someone_here 

@BearFBI, no it's not Koodo!

Screenshot_20200422-123128.png

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Someone_here wrote:

Just received this new offer by text, I have until April 29th to accept it (by replying "YES35" to the text?) if I want it... Anybody else got it?

Seems like a legit text, as it knows my renewal date, and I already received a text from PM from that number last July...

Which number send you the offer?

Couple years ago during the migration offer, people texted to that number with "offer" IIRC to get the migration offer. 

BearFBI

@Someone_here What! Are you sure this is not a koodo migration offer! Ive always wanted a plan like that.

popping

@Someone_here wrote:

@popping the $25 plan

I have $10, $15 and $40 plans.  If PM let me get the $35 3GB plan, I may schedule plan change from my $40 while sitting at home.

Have a better and better day!

Stay safe and stay home.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Someone_here You are here since 2017. Maybe, it is a kind of loyalty reward plan? I also have 25$ but using PM since November 2019. No sms about this opportunity.

popping

@Someone_here 

Which plan do you have?

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Someone_here wrote:

Just received this new offer by text, I have until April 29th to accept if I want it... Anybody else got it?

I did not receive that text.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Someone_here No, didn't receive anything. Sounds interesting. Better than the current 35$ plan at least.

Need Help? Let's chat.