cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New subscriber and shows 2 cellular plans

Tamatha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My daughter set up PM account earlier today and cancelled her Telus plan and shows in settings two accounts primary and another primary P2 and does not have any service. When she sends a text, it comes through from her email.  Any help is appreciated. 

IMG_9364.jpeg

7 REPLIES 7

@Tamatha   Check your inbox, I sent you a number to call for the porting status.  If they can't help then contact customer support via the chatbot icon bottom right - if that doesn't work send a private message using this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

An agent will reply at the envelope icon top right or tap your avatar for Messages.

Tamatha

She did receive a text from Telus to cancel shortly after porting and responded yes to cancel. So possibly her phone wasn’t finished porting with public I’m thinking? Not sure what to do….

@Tamatha  She transferred her number to Public Mobile and shortly after cancelled Telus. Her phone still not working. 

If the port was completed she shouldn't have needed to cancel her Telus plan, it should have been automatic.  It sounds like the port may not have been completed.   You need to contact customer service.  I'm not sure if the porting team can help with all of it but I will private message you the number.  It sounds like she might not have left the old sim in the phone to reply YES giving Telus permission to transfer the number?  Anyway, check your private message inbox in a few moments for the number to call.  If they can't help you will need to contact customer service via the chatbot or private message.

Tamatha

She transferred her number to Public Mobile and shortly after cancelled Telus. Her phone still not working. 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

There are 2 e-sims there by the looks of it. One for the old provider, and one for PM. If the number was ported, make sure it's complete before you delete previous carriers e-sim. You would have had to respond to a text on the old providers sim to authorize the port. If it's a new number then this is a non-issue.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Tamatha   Did she transfer her phone number over before she cancelled Telus or did she go for a brand new Public Mobile number?

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Set your Public Mobile phone number as your Primary and delete your old service provider's number. 

Need Help? Let's chat.